Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Nelson Family Reunion

We had the chance to go to Washington for a Nelson Family Reunion at Greg's parents' house.  It was so much fun!  His parents were the host this year, and they did such a good job!  I love being a part of that family, so it is just so much for me to be with all of them.  I also got to meet some extended family that I had never met, so it was so fun to get to know all these people that I had no idea I was related to.  We are excited for next summer when we can do this again!
 
One afternoon, we went to a nearby lake.  It was from this trip that we discovered that Deagan loves to play in dirt, play in water, and play in anything else that will with either get him wet or dirty.  He is a boy so I guess I shouldn't really be surprised. 

This was the randomest thing but he was hanging onto this pole like a monkey.  He held this pose or quite some time and would not let anyone take him away from it.
Swimming with dad in the lake.  Not many people might know this, but I have a fear of water, so there are not a lot of pictures with me and Deagan in the water.  I honestly think that watching Jaws as a little kid terrified me of water that I can't see the bottom to.  My goal is to never let our kids watch that movie.  
Splashing in the sand and water.
Our ride over to the beach where we spend the afternoon.  This was the cutest life vest.  It was too big, but it did the job.
Amazingly enough he fell asleep like this.  

4 comments:

The Lennons said...

He looks so adorable in that picture holding onto the pole!

Dawn said...

Honestly, watching Jaws at all of our sleepovers growing up is one of my fondest memories (probably just because we did it ALL the time). It is funny that those days are still affecting us. I love all these posts that you put up. Looks like you are having so much fun and Deagon is getting so big!

Laura said...

Deagan is so flippin cute.
Family reunions are so American too me. Looks like a bunch of fun though. I can't wait til we get to have one!

Nicole said...

Oh my gosh!! That picture of Deagan in his life jacket is SO CUTE!!