This morning we went to Palmyra again so I could go to the temple. Today while I was in the temple, Greg took Deagan to the Hill Cumorah visitor's center. We have been to this before from when my mom came to visit a few weeks ago, and Deagan remembers the statue of Jesus that is in the visitor's center very well. At home he calls it "Big Jesus." If you ask him, "Deagan, do you love Jesus?" He nods his head very big with a huge grin on his face. "Deagan, do you want to see Jesus?" An even bigger grin appears. I wasn't there when this happened, but Greg told me that Deagan and him had a really spiritual experience while being there at the visitor's center looking at the statue. When you're in the room where the statue is, they play a recording and it is suppose to be the Savior talking. It is very moving. Deagan is not one to sit still for anything, but apparently Deagan was so entranced with it today. Greg said that the spirit was so strong and he knew that Deagan knew the words that were being said about the Savior.
Since Greg told me this story, I have reflected a lot of it. I have such a strong testimony of my Savior. I can see into Heaven when I am around Deagan. He has such a sweet spirit, and I get a glimpse of the Savior's love for me when I love my sweet son. Little children are so special because they are so pure! How blessed we are!
5 comments:
Thanks for sharing! What a sweet memory.
That is how I feel about my daughter. Whenever I think of how much I love her and whenever I watch her playing, I get a glimpse of Heaven. Being a paren is the best!
children are so very pure. I can't wait to experience what you have shared about a glimpse of heaven. I bet that is such a neat feeling. I LOVE the palmyra temple...it's so beautiful, especially this time of year! I LOVE how it looks out to the sacred grove...you are so lucky to be out there! I want to come visit!
What a special moment for Greg to have been able to share with Deagan! I agree that babies and little kids are the closest thing to heaven we have on earth. We are so blessed! By the way, I am using a different e mail now, so could you add my new e mail to your list so that I don't have to sign in with my old one to read your blog, please? It's miriah.griffith@gmail.com
Thanks!
That is so sweet. What a great experience for Deagan and his Daddy. Thanks for sharing it!
Post a Comment