...but I really don't like nap time right now. I don't know how to get Deagan down for a nap without him nursing. I nursed him for a long time, so he has gotten use to that big time. I am winging him because I want to expand our family and because he is almost 2! What do all of you moms out there do to help a high energy toddler calm down for naps?
5 comments:
I always quit nursing/bottle cold turkey and then deal with the screaming stuff for a week or two. The whole slowly getting them off that stuff doesn't work for my psycho children or their psycho mother. :)
I just think that you are amazing for lasting two years already! We would Love to see you guys on our way to NY so I will e-mail you sometime and figure out details, we are still a little up in the air with dates and stuff. Good luck with the napping issue, sounds like you need it!
That didn't work for us either. I'd love to give you some information my doctor gave me, if you want, look up Andy on the student directory and give me a call sometime.
Hmmm. I stopped nursing Lucy quite a while ago, but the way I got her to go down for a nap was to make sure it was at the same time every day, sometimes I'd give her a bottle or sippy cup of water to take with her, and yes, I would just close the door at let her scream herself to sleep sometimes. After a week or two, they stop screaming and go to sleep sooner. Motherhood isn't easy, but you can do it! Trying to expand your family...are you pregnant?
That's tough, for sure. Layla liked bottles right after I weaned her, so that made the transition a LOT easier for me. But I just turn the lights down and read her a book or sing a song and hold her. She has little comfort stuffed animals and unfortunately still has her binkie. But I just tell her it's time for nap, matter of factly, and lie her down. In the beginning it isn't fun, because kids naturally fight off change, but as long as you're consistant, he'll catch on. I'm so proud of you for being such a great Mom to deagan. He loves you so much and really, honestly will still love you after all the crying. Maybe even more if he starts sleeping better :) I miss you!!
Post a Comment