Sunday, September 27, 2009

New Happenings




It is hard to believe that October is almost here. I LOVE this time of year for so many reasons. I love the cooler weather, the golden leaves, all the yummy pumpkin food and fall smells. I especially love this time of year for watching General Conference. Visit www.lds.org to learn more about what our Church believes and about General Conference. I love hearing the words of modern day prophets and apostles, and I love the feeling that I get to be better.

This past week my sister came to visit one last time before she leaves on her mission. She is entering the MTC on September 30. She was set apart as a missionary today, so now it is official! It was SO great having her here for the week. It felt like old times being together. Saying goodbye was obviously the hardest part. When I dropped her off at the airport, it didn't really feel like we were saying goodbye fore 18 months, so I felt like I had it together pretty well. On the way home and the whole afternoon following dropping her off though I did not have it all together! I was a mess. She left behind her Ipod and computer, and I spent the whole afternoon listening to her music on her Ipod and crying. I am glad that I will have those little things to remind me of her while she is gone. She is going to make a fantastic missionary. She has set such a great example to me and to other family members and friends. You are loved very much and missed by us Ash! Deagan has not stopped talking about you. :)

Greg has been super busy this semester with school, and I feel like we are hardly together anymore. We can tell that we are really going to have to really make the most out of the time that we will have together. I keep thinking that I can't wait till we are done with school, but I know that life will not slow down it will only get busier. Wishful thinking I guess.

I am now almost 15 weeks pregnant and starting to feel better. I have had horrible heartburn the whole time, and that is really my only complaint up until this point. I feel like I have started to show a little bit, which is always fun. It makes everything feel a little more real. I feel like everyone who sees me with Deagan and then sees that I am pregnant thinks that I must still be in high school with these kids. That is one thing that I have not gotten use to here. In Rexburg I didn't feel too out of place being in this situation, but here it seems like I am doing things totally opposite of everyone. Everyone outside of the church I mean.
I recently got a pretty big calling that I am looking forward to doing. I just hope that Heavenly Father will help me because there are a million other women in our ward that I feel are much more suited for this than me.
I am still babysitting for a family in the area. It has been such a challenge for me. I am pretty sure that I will only do it until December. I just can't do this right up until I have this baby. Just too much DRAMA!

Deagan is 2 and is exploding in his speech and personality. He is finally starting to do well in Nursery, and will stay the whole time at the gym's daycare while I work out. Two VERY huge accomplishments for us. His current obsessions change from day to day. Today they are horsies (as he would call them) and yesterday it was a toy ambulance. Each night he goes to bed with a new toy. He is such a joy, and I can't wait to see what our new little one will be like. Will it be anything like Deagan, or will they be polar opposites? Deagan is the reason I get through the long hours that Greg is gone. I just love him.

I still need to figure out my new camera and then I will post some new pictures. In the mean time, I will try to do better at keeping this updated.

Love to all!

4 comments:

Miriah Griffith said...

Thanks for the update, Chell. I missed your blog posts :0)

Sister Chelsea Marie Akin said...

Reading this just makes me cry and miss you so much!! Thank you so much for letting me come and visit you guys this past week!!! It was such a fantastic trip and it was so wonderful seeing your cute lives up in New York! I have fallen in love with that area, and I hope that when we are older that I can live closer to you guys!!!
You are the best sister and I love you so much!

Brandi Allred said...

hard to believe we have less than 6 months left! brent and I have a blog at www.brentandbrandi.blogspot.com. Sounds like you guys are doing well - I LOVE the east coast in the fall!

Danielle Kuhns said...

even though i am in rexburg i feel strange having a baby.. dont get me wrong- ILOVE being a MOM and love Makayla tons and tons. but i still feel weird. I have noticed that I am trying to look older and act older- weird huh?