So today I went in for my 16 week check-up, and everything is going well for the little one and me. We got to hear the heartbeat and I got some blood work done. Not the funnest thing, but not too bad either. I did leave the appointment kind of stressed though. With Deagan, I had a c-section, and I would REALLY REALLY REALLY like to have a VBAC with this one. I have told my dr. this from the very beginning, and they haven't said no they wouldn't do it, but indicated that there are risks involved. Of course, there are always risks. Today my dr. and I talked more about this idea of a VBAC because he mentioned that at my next appointment we could schedule a c-section if we wanted. Even though it would be nice to know the exact day when our baby will come, I really would like to avoid this route if at all possible. One of the biggest reasons why I want to do a VBAC so badly is because I am afraid that we will be limited in the number of children we can have if we have another c-section. I raised this concern to my dr., and he was very reassuring that that isn't necessarily the case. In his years of experience, he has not felt that women are limited because of c-sections. I do feel better in that regard. However, we went over some of the risks of a VBAC, that I already knew, and now I am not sure which direction to go! Of course of main goal is to have a health baby and to do whatever we can to make sure our baby has a health delivery. We will of course make this a matter of prayer, and I know we will be quided as to which direction to go.
2 comments:
I'm sure you'll know what is right for you. At least you have options, that's good. I hope your doctor treats you really well too and doesn't pressure you into something you don't want. When do you find out what you're having?? I'm so excited for you!!
yeah c sections are not the greatest.. I have the same worries as you do as far as limiting the number of children i can have. however, the doctor told me to never attmept a vaginal delivery ever again.
Post a Comment