Thursday, December 31, 2009

Flying is a headache!

I have been a little behind on posting anything lately because we have been on the go for the past 2 weeks. We had a great time in NYC with our friends the Pilgrims the weekend of the 19th and then we traveled to Washington to spend Christmas with Greg's family. We got back very early this morning and are so happy to be home after a long day of traveling! We have tons of pictures but I have yet to upload them, so will post them when I get a chance.

One thing that we did not enjoy was the flying part of our travels. I have never liked flying. I am a worrier by nature, and flying just makes me really worry because of all the things that could go wrong. All of our flights really went by with out any problems. The only thing that we ran in to was delays because of weather. We only made one connection and that was through Chicago/O'Hare. I have decided that this is by far the worst airport to fly through; especially this time of year. I read an article on line this morning that confirmed to me why I hate it so much. It is rated the #1 airport in delays. I don't think that is something to really be proud of.

So on our flight out, we got delayed in Syracuse because of weather in Chicago. We only had an hour and a half layover without delays, so we were really nervous we were going to miss our flight. We finally took off an hour after we were suppose to and made it to Chicago with about 12 minutes until our next plane was to take off. We sprinted through the airport, and made it! Because we had been traveling all day, I hadn't really eaten anything, and by this time I was starving! Our next flight was a 4 hour flight, and I knew if I didn't get anything before we boarded I would get sick on the flight. So I bought a few things really quickly at a place by our gate and the TSA people were really annoyed with us. We felt it was a miracle that we made the flight, but an even bigger miracle was that our bags made it too! We were so happy! So anyway, we made the flight and made it safely to Greg's parent's house.

We spent a lovely week with Greg's family, and headed to the airport yesterday morning to begin our journey home. Again, we were delayed because of Chicago, and again we had a very quick layover. This time we weren't so sure we would make the flight because we were landing right as our plane was to take off. We got off the plane when we reached Chicago, and saw that our plane was leaving in 10 minutes. Again, we took off sprinting. I have exercised a lot while I have been pregnant, but I have not run for a while. Needless to say I was ready to die before we were even close to our gate. We made it AGAIN to our flight, and felt that we had another miracle! However, our bags didn't make it. We did get them this morning, so it isn't a huge deal, but it is never fun to not get your bags.

I am so happy to be home because I really don't like flying! It is just so crazy to fly anymore too with all the increased security and regulations. No one is nice either who works at the airports, and they don't give you anything on the flights besides a 4 oz drink. Lame! I hope that we stay grounded for a while!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Oh Michelle, I can't even imagine what it is like to fly when you are pregnant and with a little boy and running through the airport! Glad your home safe. Are we going to get any belly shots from you? That would be a nice Christmas gift.