Sunday, June 13, 2010

Update


Since Kayden was born, life has been pretty non-stop.  Most days go by too quickly, with an occasional long ones here and there.  We are slowly getting a grip on things.  Here are a few things we have been doing during those days:

-Greg finished his first of 2 classes this past Friday.  It was a pretty crazy busy class, and we didn't see a lot of Him for about 4 weeks.  I am glad that is done.  He starts another class on Monday that will go about 3 weeks.  I am sure he will be super busy, but I am hoping not.  

-I hurt my knee running a couple of months ago, and I finally went to the dr. this past week for it.  It is strange because it only hurts after I run.  I can do any other exercise and it doesn't bother me, but running really aggrivates it.  My dr. couldn't see anything wrong with it.  But during the process of my appointment when he listened to my heart he thought he heard something funny, so I had to have a chest x-ray.  Granted, this same dr told me I had to yell at him so he could hear me; he is going deaf.  I am not sure what he "heard" so I hope it is nothing.  I had to bring both boys with me because of Greg's schedule, and that made for quite the appointment, especially when I had to get an x-ray.  They really did  great though considering.  So I went to the dr. to find answers about my knee and I came away with a chest x-ray for a potential heart problem.  My knee hurts still, so I am thinking I need to find a new dr.

-Kayden has had a couple rough days lately.  He has moments where he cries hysterically for awhile, and nothing seems to comfort him.  I am thinking teething? I really don't know though.  He did laugh for the first time today while I was changing his diaper and tickling him.  It was so cute:)

Funny Kayden story:  I had him with me in Primary today, and he woke up towards the end of the 2nd hour.  I was holding him standing up, and right as one of my counselors was bearing her testimony at the end of her sharing time lesson, he had an explosion of poo.  Of course all the kids thought it was totally funny and it really distracted from the moment. I felt bad, but it was kind of funny.

-We attempted potty training for the first time this past week with Deagan.    It went ok.  It was such a crazy week that I was not able to keep up with it like I wanted to. I am hoping to try again this week.  When he goes poopy in the potty he is going to get a big buzz lightyear toy.  He is really excited about that.  Every time he goes pee, he yells, "I get a buzz lightyear now!" Unfortunately, I have to crush his dreams and tell him not until the poo goes in the potty.  He usually responds by falling on the floor acting as if he is in severe pain from the disappointment.  Its that dramatic.  But I try to make a big deal out of the fact that he went pee.  He seems to know when he has to go, so I feel like that is definite progress.  His usual statement lately is, "Poopy is harder. Peepy is easier." This is true, but we are just going to keep plugging away anyway!

-I leave for a month long vacay to Wyoming on the 29th.  I can't wait!  Greg leaves for a 3 week school trip to Jerusalem on the 3rd of July, so we are going to opposite corners of the world for a short time.  It will be an adventure for both of us! 

Here are some pictures of the past couple weeks:

Getting chunky!

Cute hand

Cute feet

Fun toy

Darn grill!

Watching Daddy grill

"Watching" daddy grill too. (Don't worry, he has those for MAYBE 3 seconds.  I happened to have the camera out at the "right" time. :))

Playing outside

The captivated audience

Smashing bread

Chasing the ducks: aka to Deagan "his family"



No comments: