We had been in Korea for a week and realized we hadn't had a true Korean meal, so we ventured off base to fix that!
Korean BBQ for the win!
Greg is holding Kimchi in this picture. It doesn't look good in this picture and it didn't taste good either. I think Kimchi must be an acquired taste.
![]() |
Proof that I was there too! I had to hold Easton the whole time, which really wasn't fun for either of us.
Pop (or soda to some) just taste better here for some reason!
"I will just have the rice" says this cool dude. He was not too excited to venture out of his comfort zone with eating.
We had a lot of fun eating out at an authentic Korean restaurant! We can't wait to try more places. We learned a couple of lessons though that night that I hope will help in our next venture out:
-Figure out how to say "What is this?" in Korean. Or rather, learn Korean completely so we can understand their answers!
-Figure out how to say "Take us back to the American base" in Korean so we can tell the taxi drivers where to take us. Saying the same thing over and over again in English to a native Korean speaker who speaks zero English really doesn't change the fact that he has no idea what we are saying.
What are some authentic Korean dishes we need to try next?

No comments:
Post a Comment