Shortly after we moved into our new apartment, my Grandpa Akin passed away. He had been sick for many years and his quality of life was so poor towards the end, but still losing him was hard. He was such a great man, and I wish we could have been there for his funeral as I feel that would have brought great closer than I feel now being so far away. I am grateful for the knowledge that I have of this gospel and that we will see him again. I'm also grateful to know that he is out of pain and can think clearly again and can walk again. That brings so much peace and comfort.
I love this picture at the top of the post because its the last time that I saw my grandpa right before Kelly and Karissa were married. Every time we visited him he would tell us how much he loved us. He also could never remember our kid's names which was kind of funny. I am grateful for the legacy has left and look forward to that time when we will see him again.

No comments:
Post a Comment