Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Update!

So we are finally in Washington! After a 13 hour car drive in a car that PACKED to the limit, we made it safely Saturday night. Greg started his internship in Seattle on Tuesday, and I am staying in Ephrata until we can move into our apartment next weekend. I miss him like crazy, and I know that Deagan does too. We are very excited to see him this weekend when he comes up. It will be nice to be together as a family again. Deagan and I are keeping ourselve busy though. I finally learned how to knit today! I have been wanting to this for years, and now I finally know how. My goal is to make a scarf, and if that goes well maybe something more! Deagan is growing up like crazy. He is eating rice cereal now. At first he didn't really seem to like it, but he has been eating it for a couple of weeks now and I think he likes it. It is hard to stay too sad about Greg not being here when I get to take care of Deagan. He just makes things so much better with out even trying.
Deagan loves to stand up. So he is in this position quite a bit during the day.
This was the second time that we fed rice cereal to Deagan, and it got all over him. It is hard to tell from this picture, but he was pretty covered.


Mom and Deagan hanging out.


7 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh Michelle, I feel your pain! It is so sad to have the hubby away! Luckily you have Deagan and I have the most intense semester of my life so we will both make it through!

Linzi said...

I'm glad to hear that you made it WA safely. I can only imagine what that 13 hour car ride was like with your car packed to the limit. Have fun but know your Rexburg pals miss ya!

Ashley said...

These pictures are soooo cute!!!!!!! He has already grown up so much!!!!! I hope that you are doing amazing and that you are having fun knitting!!!!! its just not the same without you here!!!

Jessica said...

I miss you guys!!! I have your books too! I'm sorry that I never stpped by before you left. Let me know if you need them while you're there, then I could send em. How's WA?? I miss my home! Is it raining? It's snowy as ever here! Deagan is getting cuter with each post! Talk to ya soon. And feel free to call me anytime too!

Laura said...

Wait! Did you move out of your apartment? I don't understand... I could have taught you to knit. We didn't get to hang out!

James & Tara Huish said...

Hi Michelle!
I'm so sorry I haven't contacted you sooner! I've missed you! I was so excited when I saw your blog on linzi's! Congrats on the baby! (A little belated!) I hope everything went great! He is absolutely adorable! As soon as I saw him, I totally saw you! Maybe there's a little Craig, but I see you! I feel awful that I never got a chance to thank you for that adorable outfit you gave Braden. It was on my doorstep and we left a few hours later. Every time Braden wears it I always wish I could tell you thank you! Good luck in Seattle. Love ya!

Tara

Diana Taylor said...

Oh how fun a semester away. Glad you were able to find a place to stay. Nothing like a baby missing his daddy hope the week apart goes ok.
Deagan just gets cuter every time I see pictures. You look great too.