Friday, April 4, 2008

We really are home!

We really are back from Seattle even though it may not seem like it. It has been kind of crazy for the past couple of weeks. We left Seattle on Friday night right after Greg's last day at the Passport Agency. The state of Washington was slammed with a snow storm that same day, so it took us 7 hours to get from Seattle and Spokane. That drive would normally take about 4. We were hoping to make it to Missoula that night and stay the night, but we only made it to Spokane. I drove for a little bit when the roads were good, but I saw two car wrecks within a mile of each other. Needless to say I did not drive after that. Saturday morning the roads weren't much better, but we were so anxious to get back that we got up early and took off. After another 8 hours of driving we made it to Rexburg! I can't even describe the feeling that I had as we pulled up to Rexburg. It seemed surreal that we were finally home. As I think back on the time that we were in Seattle, it almost seems like a dream now.

We came home when we did so we could be back in time for our niece's baby blessing, so that Sunday we attended the blessing and had a good day with family. It was so nice to be back with family. Our nieces and nephew grew so much! It was also so fun to see our brand new niece Ada. She is so beautiful! Monday we had some things that we had to get done, one of which was getting Deagan in for his 6 month check-up, even though he is almost 7 months now. We waited to get him in until we got back. He is now 27 inches long and 16 lbs 12 oz. The Dr. said that his weight was a little low, which made me really nervous, but not to worry because his brain development is perfectly normal, which is all that really matters. He is in the 90th percentile for his head size thanks to the strong Ursenbach genes on my side of the family. You gotta love it!

We left to Park City, Utah Monday night to spend the rest of the week with Greg's family at a time share that they have there. It was a very long day and a very late night, so it has been so nice to have this time to relax a little bit with family. It hasn't been all relaxing though. On Tuesday we gave Deagan a bottle of formula, which is what the Dr. suggested we do to see if his weight goes up. Bad idea! I am convinced now that he is lactose intolerant because about 2 hours after he had his bottle he got EXTREMELY sick. I was off with the girls to get a pedicure and manicure and Greg was watching him while he got sick the first time. When they picked us up, Deagan looked miserable. They were at Costco when he got sick, so he was covered in his throw up. Some people might know this about me, but I do NOT do well with vomit, AT ALL. That might actually be putting it lightly. I have a phobia with it I think. So I was in the back seat with Deagan as he continues to get sick and I was freaking out. I definitely did not feel like mother of the year at this moment. After he got all of the formula out of his system he seemed a lot better. It wasn't until the next morning that he was his full self again though. We will just have to figure something else out to get him to gain some weight, but I don't think we will try the formula again.

We will be home on Sunday night, and then life will get crazy again. I am excited to get back so we can get back into a routine again. I am so grateful for family and for this time that we have with them. I just hope that we will find some time soon to spend with my family as well.
It is sad to think that when we get back a lot of our friends from Rexburg will have left or will be moving soon. We love our ward and are so grateful for the friendships that we have made.

1 comment:

Brandi Allred said...

Glad to hear you made it back safely!! I have been checking your blog for an update :) When are you planning a visit back to Seattle ;)
Not that I'm a mom, or a doctor, but I know all of my little siblings were lactose intolerant and couldn't drink regular formula - my mom found a soy formula to use instead. Not sure how great the soy is for weight gain, but could be something to look into!

Hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation!