I think that we have been spoiled the past few weeks to have had "nice" weather for this time of year. Our luck ran out this past weekend, and I have to say that it is hard to adjust to! But I am learning slowly that you just have to make a few adjustments if you want to survive:
-When you wake up in the morning in Rexburg, you might want to think about starting your car at least 30 minutes before you have to go anywhere. A combination of freezing snow and below 0 temps have been known to cause a bit of a delay.
-If you go to start your car and the entire thing is frozen solid, don't stress. Just start beating it with your gloves. I have found this to work quite nice, especially when the ice and snow scraper is sitting on the front seat of the frozen car.
-One important lesson when trying to think of ideas of how to get the ice off the car is don't put hot water on the hinges; it only makes the problem worse. Duh me!
-If by some miracle you are to get the back hatch of your car open, climb through the back and into the front. Another important note with this one is DO NOT CLOSE THE BACK HATCH DOOR! It can be a bit scary to realize that you are trapped inside of this gigantic piece of ice.
-The best way to solve this dilemma is to kick the door with all your might while you are desperately trying to open it.
-Be sure to say a really good prayer when it opens!
-At this point it is safe to assume that you can start your car and let it warm up for another 10 minutes or so.
I promise this won't take more than a half hour, so why not give it a try one morning?
6 comments:
haha!!!! Im not going to lie... that was one of the funniest stories! Glad that you made it all right out of your big thing of ice!!!
You are so funny!! I really want to catch up with you! I'm so sorry to hear that Deagan has a DOUBLE ear infection! YIKES! I've gotta say that we've been very lucky to not have experienced an ear infection at all with Layla, yet! Although she's just now finally getting over this dreaded cold that has lasted FOREVER! I want to talk to you and have the kids play, so let me know when Deagan starts feeling better!!
Of course it had to snow on the day I was supposed to leave. It only makes sense. You gotta love living here in Rexburg..grrrr...
Sounds like a voice of experience! This is hilarious!
Oh my gosh Michelle! What happened to you? I was following along until I got to that line about the back hatch door and I had to read the line like 4 times. That sounds terrifying. I'm glad to hear you are all in one piece! Next time you purchase a car you might want to consider a remote start!
So funny and so true - thanks for posting Michelle! :)
Post a Comment