Thursday, April 16, 2009

Our new apartment!!

We found out yesterday that we got the apartment that we wanted!  The picture below is the complex that we will be moving into!  It is three stories with a full basement and it is relatively cheap!  We are going to be living in Manlius, NY, a suburb of Syracuse, but we really loved the area more there than right in Syracuse.  We are getting our moving truck a week from today, and will be leaving on April 27th!  We are going with an ABF moving truck which we won't have to drive.  A semi pulls it so we can all be together in our car!  I don't think I could handle the drive if we didn't have both of us there.  The trip will take about 33 hours according to mapquest.  Greg has been mapping out our days, how long we will drive, places we will see, etc.  I am not looking forward to that long of a drive, but I think that it will be fun with all that we have planned!  One part of our trip we are going to be going through Omaha and they have one of the world's greatest zoos that we are going to check out! Hopefully spending a few hours there will give Deagan a good break to continue driving!  To all of our Rexburg pals, we want to see you before we leave!!

9 comments:

Cori said...

Oh man Michelle that is so awesome! How nice to have a bigger apartment, but I have to ask. When you say cheap, what is cheap for New York...like $2000 a month? haha

Ashley said...

How cute!!!! I LOVE your new background as well!!

Miriah Griffith said...

I have the same question as Cori :0) It looks like a really nice place, I'm just wondering how much "cheap" is for a three story apt in new york!

Greg and Michelle said...

Relatively cheap is around $600-$700. We are going to pay $670/month plus utilities. There are some parts of town that are cheaper, but that is where all the crime happens and it is the more dumpy part of town, so we decided to pay a little more for a better peace of mind!

Dawn said...

I love it! It look so adorable and I bet the trip out to New York will be a lot of. I am so excited for you guys and everything that you have coming for you!

Unknown said...

Even though its a long drive living on the east coast is so much fun! So much history to this area! Scott and I love it. HOpe you guys enjoy New York! If you travel south sometime let me know!

The Lennons said...

Congrats on the apt! What an exciting adventure for your family! Best of luck! Let me know how the zoo is!

Unknown said...

awesome!

Nicole said...

That's so exciting! Good luck with everything!! :)