Friday, December 4, 2009

24 week update

It seems like this pregnancy is really going fast compared to when I was pregnant with Deagan. They told me today that my next appointment will be my last once/month appointment. Crazy! I feel like I have been a lot busier this time around, so I am sure that has helped to keep my mind off of how incredibly long pregnancy can feel like.

Baby update:
We had another sono today because at our 20 week, our little guy wouldn't cooperate and give them a certain image that they needed. They got it today, and we got to see him again, so we were happy! He weighs about a pound and a half now, so he is getting bigger, slowly. He is the cutest little thing and I just can't wait to see his sweet little face.

He is currently sitting breach, which isn't a huge deal since we still have some time for him to turn and what not. I am trying for a VBAC with this guy, so breach is not something that we want to see later on. He kicks like crazy lately and since he breach he kicks my bladder a lot it seems. I am starting to feel him more all over which before it was just down low, so another definite sign that he is getting bigger. I just can't wait to see him!!!

Mom Update:
I gained 5 lbs this month. Not good. My dr. said that it is best to not do that again. I will try my best. It is hard for me emotionally this time to gain more weight because with Deagan I only gained 13 lbs through out my entire pregnancy, and I just hit that mark at 24 weeks. It is kind of depressing, but I know that it is healthy to gain more than 13 lbs. I am just hoping that I will be able to get this baby weight off after he comes pretty quick.

I am slightly anemic which I knew I was because I have been feeling pretty tired lately. I also have horrible heartburn with this one as well, so I beginning to realize this just might be my pregnancy curse. I have tried everything it seems to help, but nothing really seems to make a dent. Other than that, I feel like I shouldn't really complain since other women go through a lot worse things then me when they are pregnant. I just need to count my blessings.

At my next appointment I get to do the glucose test. Not my favorite appointment, but it is necessary! Only 16 weeks to go!

2 comments:

Miriah Griffith said...

Michelle, don't worry- the weight comes off very quickly. you can always lose weight; the important thing right now is your son, and making sure you gain enough weight to keep him healthy and strong. But I do understand--it's very hard. I've only gained four pounds so far (I'm only 11 weeks, though) and I'm freaking out. It's worth it though. it comes off.

Shellie said...

I am with Miriah. No worries about the weight (easier said than done, right?). I gained over 30 lbs., all in the last 16 weeks or so. Which means those last times I went, I gained a ridiculous amount and would feel crummy, but that is what pregnant women should do. It came off as quickly as I put it on. Good update and whoo-hoo for trying to go VBAC! I think that is great. Hope to see you guys at Christmastime.