Saturday, March 13, 2010

Emotional Overload!

Well I have 11 days left until my due date as of today.  I am feeling a lot of different emotions as the day that we meet our new little one gets closer.

I am thrilled, anxious, scared, and worried.

I am thrilled because I don't have to be pregnant for much longer! While I have had a pretty easy pregnancy, I would like to have my waist back and to be able to moved a little easier.

I am anxious because I don't know what to expect this time around.  I kind of feel like I forgot what it feels like to go into labor.  I am sure I will catch on pretty quick though once it hits:)

I am scared because giving birth terrifies me.  I haven't done it the "normal" way before.  I am scared that there will be complications.  I am scared I will have to have another c-section.  If it does come to that because of an emergency or whatever, I feel peaceful about having that done.  The surgery itself is what scares me.  I am also scared that if I have another c-section, we might be limited on the number of children we can have. For some reason, that REALLY scares me. 

I am worried how Deagan is going to handle everything.  It will be hard for him for us to be away while I am in the hospital.  I have already told Greg that it is ok if he goes home at night to be with Deagan just because having one of us there with him will make me feel a lot better.  I don't want him to feel abandoned or replaced or whatever.

But I guess more than anything, I can't wait to meet our baby. There is nothing like holding a baby fresh from heaven. There is nothing like looking at your baby and realizing, "WOW! We made this!"  All those 9 months of pain and worry become SO worth it!

I still remember holding Deagan for the first time and just being in awe of him! Labor and delivery with him was awful, but when I think back about what I remember the most, it is how amazing it was to be a mom! This little ones bring with them such a sweet spirit. 

I can't wait to see Deagan as a big brother.  He is going to make a great big brother. 

I just can't wait!:)

4 comments:

Miriah Griffith said...

I'm so jealous that you're almost done with your pregnancy and I have 3 1/2 months left. Ugghh. It's normal to worry; just remember I'm sure you worried about how things would go with Deagan as well. Somehow it all works out. you're a wonderful, capable mother, and this addition to your family will be better than you can possibly imagine!

The Chambers said...

AH! Don't be scared...you are going to be a wonderful mother as always. You get me so excited to be a mother the way you talk about it. I can't wait to experience it all! I hope everything goes smoothly. Good luck! I'm excited to hear all about it and see pictures! Hang in there girl! :O)

Jessica said...

I can't wait either!!!!!!!!!

I think it's so crazy just how you have ALL this time to think about everything and then BAM all of a sudden it's happening! And then you find yourself wondering how it all went by so quickly... and maybe missing some of it.

You are an amazing lady! Everything will go exactly how it's supposed to. I know, I know... sometimes we just feel as though we will DIE with anticipation, all those "what ifs". Trust me though, everything will work out just perfectly.

have I mentioned how excited I am as well?! I can't wait to see him! Even if it is just through pictures for now.

Sister Chelsea Marie Akin said...

I am soooo excited for you!!!!I don't have any wisdom to give you or experience on this subject really, but I think that you are an awesome mom and that your new little baby boy is so blessed to be born into your family!