Friday, April 16, 2010

This kid cracks me up!


As I was getting ready today, I had Kayden in a vibrating chair thing by the bathroom which happens to be by Deagan's room.  I got distracted at one point in this process and all of a sudden I hear a crash and then Kayden starts to cry.  I look over at him and our hallway mirror had fallen down next to him and there were a bunch of Deagan's bouncy balls laying there as well.  Deagan immediately says "Sorry mommy. Sorry mommy." over and over.  My first reaction was to get bad and to punish him because that is my natural tendency but I have been trying really hard to get over that and to not react all the time.  So I decided to let him explain to me what had happened as I was comforting Kayden.  Deagan starts telling me that he was bouncy his balls and one hit the mirror and it fell.  It did not hit Kayden but just scared him.  I was happy I didn't react right away because really Deagan didn't do anything wrong, he was just playing.  For 20 minutes after this incident Deagan kept telling me the story of what had happened and slowly the story started to lose its validity.  At one point a dragon had come into his room and bounced off the wall and then a little bit later the dragon ate Kayden's stomach.  Other animals made their way into the story as well and they all did their kind of crazy thing. He told me all of this in complete seriousness so I treated it the same.  

I am not really sure what really happened during the incident, and I don't think I ever will because I have a feeling some kind of dragon or other animal will be the one to blame.  

He really has a great imagination and it is a lot of fun to hear how his mind works.

4 comments:

Sister Chelsea Marie Akin said...

Holy Cow!!! That is so funny!! I'm glad that Kayden was okay!

Miriah Griffith said...

That's so funny! The story, not that a mirror almost hit Kayden. It really is important to not get mad at our kids before we know what happened. They're only little for a very short period of time. You're a good Mamma!

The Lovinger's said...

That's awesome... I would probably try to blame it on a dragon too. (:

Alisa J said...

How fun! I am reading a book right now called, "A Mother's book of Secrets" by Linda Eyre and Shawni Eyre Pothier. It is about charishing the moments you have has a mom (even the crazy ones!). Anyway, its a good one. Your a great mother Michelle!