At bedtime tonight I asked Deagan if he wanted to say the prayer or if he wanted me to. He said that he would. So he folded his arms, closed his eyes, opened his eyes, looked at me and said, "You need to fold your arms."
So I did :)
He then started his prayer in a whisper. And although I was not able to hear everything he said, I did catch a few things:
"Dear Heavenly Father, Thank you for this day....sleep well...bless Kayden to sleep well....In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."
It melted my heart. What a sweet prayer.
What amazed me the most is that every night when we pray together we ask him if he wants to say the prayer, and most nights he wants to but with our help. In his normal prayers he thanks Heavenly Father for the Grinch, Buzz Lightyear, and things like that, but tonight he was concerned only about his little family.
What a tender moment that was.
No comments:
Post a Comment