Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Oh dear...

Since Deagan has started school, I feel like we have "arrived." I feel like a "soccer mom." We are always on the go, and while most of the time I enjoy this time in our lives, there are times though when it is just too much.  Life is just crazy busy now, and I just can't keep up.

Today was not a bad day, just a busy day and my mind was running a million miles a minute.  I forgot to buckle one of Deagan's buckles in his carseat on the way to a WIC appointment, and as we were driving on the interstate Deagan brought this to my attention.  We luckily made it safe and sound to where we needed to go, and I told myself to get it together! However, tonight when we got home from Target I went to get Deagan out, he was not buckled in! TWICE in one day I forgot to buckle him in! Isn't that awful?

I need to shape up!

2 comments:

The Lennons said...

:) Don't worry, we all have those days! I do it ALL the time, because Hadlee climbs in her seat while I buckle Garrett, then often, I just get in the car and go, until she yells "Mama you forgot to buckle me!" Maybe he could be the buckle police or something and it's his job to remind everyone to buckle, then YOU don't have to!!! Hang in there, life is busy :)

Kat & Paul said...

you are so funny michelle! i... uh hem...forget to buckle my kids too frequently but they are trained to yell STOP MOM when i forget now....makes me laugh....now with luc and lani in preschool i totally feel like you do with the chauffering...although i'm getting in a lot of reading during the waits!