Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Kayden's 1st Birthday!!


***As I was posting this, I filled my quota of photos for my blog.  I never knew that could happen.  I have a TON of pictures from the past week to post, but while I wait for more storage this will have to do.***  

It's hard to believe that my little Kayden is 1 now! This past year FLEW by.  Adjusting to life with 2 kids has been hard for me.  I have loved it, but I have struggled.  I think the baby blues stuck with me longer than normal; living in one of the snowiest cities in the countries doesn't help with that either.  Life is getting easier each day though, and I could not imagine my life with out my two little boys.  I love being their mom, and I love to hear them say "mommy," and "momma." It melts my heart:)

1 year stats for the birthday boy:

Weight: 19 lbs 5 oz 
Height: 29 1/2 inches

He is a little guy when you compare him to other one year olds, but he is following his own growth rate at a normal pace.  I think we will just have small kids. 

Things that he does now:
-Cruises a long furniture quite quickly
-Has taken a couple steps, but is still quite content on crawling at this point
-He is FINALLY able to fall asleep on his own.  This deserves a celebration!
-Because he is able to fall asleep on his own, he is napping MUCH better; 2 1-2 hour naps/day around 10 and 2. He is sleeping well at night, but still wants to nurse around 4-6; which is fine with me.  He goes to sleep around 7 and gets up around 7 most mornings.
-He LOVES to climb stairs.  He is pretty good at going up, but is still trying to master coming down.  If we would let him, he would go up and down our stairs all day.
-Says "momma" and "dadda."  It seems he is able to distinguish who is momma and who is dadda for the most part as well.
-He loves to head bang things for some reason.  It actually pretty cute, but he has a really hard head and I can see this turning into a destructive habit; he already uses his head to defend himself against Deagan.
-He ADORES Deagan.  To him, Deagan is the coolest thing to walk the earth.
-He has started to become attached to a huge monkey stuffed animal that we have.  It sleeps in his crib with him at night, and comforts him when he is sad.
-He likes milk! Deagan hates milk, and I was always so afraid that he wasn't going to be healthy because of that.  But this little one loves milk.  
-He has inherited the bad ears, and it looks like we will be getting tubes for him in May or so.  Poor guy!

I am sure there a ton of other things that he does, but these are the ones I could think of off the top of my head.

We love our little Kayden and love having him in our family!!

Pictures from his birthday!




































No comments: