I am sorry for keeping you hanging for what has happened since the storm left us, but we had kind of a hard week and I fell into a blogging slump. I had planned on being very dramatic in my end, but since it is a week late (and it has kind of become old news already!) and I just want to get this up for future reference, I am going to let the pictures do most of the talking!
We woke up the next morning and had power. Our clocks were blinking which meant at some point we lost power. But the next morning we were just fine! I slept though the whole storm as well! Lame! I thought I would have heard the wind howling or something.
Church was still on since the church we attend still had power. But towards the end of the first meeting, the power went off. Church was canceled, and as much as I love church, I also love a "snow day" now and then! :)
After we got home, we went walking to explore the damage around us.
A few signs were very unfortunate during the storm.
Along with a few flag posts and signs.
A pond with by our house has a trail that goes around it that we like to walk a long. There were trees down all around the path.
A few of the trees fell, leaving some space to walk past, but others covered the entire path. I like to run around this path with the boys, but it wasn't until Friday of last week that I was able to do that again.
Log jumping!
This is hard to tell in this picture, but there did not use to be that much water off the side of the trail. (The side opposite of the pond.) After the storm, there was a mini stream running by the path. That is what 24 hours of constant rain will do!
Another sign that fell victim to the storm!
Kayden got really tired towards the end of the walk and refused to walk another step!
Deagan to the rescue! He really is such a great big brother when he wants to be! :)
We were very blessed and fortunate that the storm did not hit us as bad as it could have. We were prepared for the worst though. We had all the supplies that we might need, and we came out ok!
I think I am over natural disasters for the time being though! An earthquake and hurricane in one week is enough for me!





No comments:
Post a Comment