Saturday, September 17, 2011
Look Who's Four!
On September 9th, our sweet little Deagan turned 4!!
It doesn't seem like that long ago that we were not parents on the one hand, but on the other I feel like I have always been a parent. It is just crazy how fast these past 4 years have gone!
We got him a bike with training wheels for his birthday this year, and to be honest he doesn't like it. What kid doesn't like a bike?? But I literally have to bride him to ride it. I even got the point where I said we would just have to take it back to the store if he didn't want to ride it, and he said, "Thats fine. I don't want it anyway." I am going to have to try a different angle I think.
He is such a joy to have around, and every day he says something new that blows me away. He may only be 4, but his understanding of the world around him seems so much older.
A few cute Deagan stories:
-He got $4 for his birthday from one of my aunts. When he saw how much money he had, he decided that he was going to save $1 to buy some candy, and then save the rest to get a Cars toy. The fact that he was going to "save" it for something else just blew me away. It might not seem like that big of a deal, but I was impressed!
-We went to buy a car with his money today, and it turned into this big ordeal. They did not have the specific Car that he wanted, so we spent 20 minutes walking down the toy aisles so I could show him what he could afford. I was in a hurry and had a few things that I needed to get done, so I was not the most patient parent. (I need to do better!) At one point, he stopped and said, "Mom, this is really going to disturb you, but I want to surprise you with the toy that I want to get." That is disturbing don't you think? :)
-Even though he is 100% potty trained during the day, he wears a pull up at night because he is a pretty deep sleeper and just does not have that "get up and go to the bathroom when you have to in the middle of the night" down yet. We ran out of pull-ups, and I totally spaced picking some up at the store yesterday. He ended up having to wear a diaper to bed. His reaction to this, "You mean, I can pee in this?" (With a mischievous smile on his face.) He knows he is not suppose to pee in diapers, so he thought this was a really cool thing! He woke up early this morning though to go potty, (which surprised me!) and I took the diaper off. (not sure why I did that since he was going back to sleep) When he woke up this morning, he came running to me and said, "Mom! My diaper is missing! I went to bed with one on, and now its gone!" He totally did not remember going potty in the morning, and I thought it was so funny how he reacted to that!
-Deagan is a really good big brother to Kayden, and is really a very obedient child. Of course he throws tantrums, whines like crazy, and puts up a fight when he doesn't get his way, but really he does what we ask of him. He is a very social little guy, so it has been hard moving here and not having that many friends close by. He misses his friends from NY so much! One day we were playing at a local park, and he made a few friend. He came running by at one point to me and said, "See Mom! I told you I would make friend here!" I so wish we could put him in preschool or something here because I know he would love that social interaction, but because of money we just can't make that work. He doesn't seem to complain too much about this though, and I really think he does enjoy just being with our little family.
We sure love our Deagan, and I am so glad that we were blessed to have him come to our family!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
john's sleeping in the room as i read the deagan stories, and it is taking everything in my to stifle the laughs. so cute. we sure miss him! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAGAN!
haha I burst your laughing about when Deagan said "I don't want to disturb you..." what a cutie!!
Post a Comment