It's Thanksgiving Eve, and my little family and I are in Virginia celebrating by ourselves this year. It was just not in the cards to fly out West this year. Hopefully next year! I can't help but feel a little homesick knowing that both of our families are getting together right now. Have fun without us you guys! :)
November has brought a few changes for our family that I want to document for posterity sake. We currently are camerless because of a broken lense, but hopefully Santa will bring us one so we can get some recent pictures of our family! Sorry for the lame picture-less post!
-We found out the Greg will be deploying to Afghanistan mid-March for work for 6 months. We knew that he would be going, but he wasn't suppose to be leaving until September of next year. His office was having trouble filling a certain deployment position, so they asked Greg to deploy earlier. It will be a hard transition for our family, but we felt that it was a good thing to do, so we are moving forward with faith that all will be well. The boys and I will be living with my family in Wyoming while he is gone. I am really excited to spend so much time with my family, especially for my boys. There is no way I could stay out in Virginia by myself for 6 months while Greg is gone, so I am grateful that my parents are opening their home to us for a short time.
I have thought a lot about the fact that we will not see Greg for 6 months, and I can't quite wrap my head around it. We were a part summer before last for a month while Greg was in Israel for a school trip, and I thought that was hard. Six months is a long time! I plan on flying out a few days before Greg leaves, and I can tell right now that will be one hard goodbye. Saying goodbye for 6 months at an airport sounds really depressing to me. :( We will survive though!
-Experiencing a Virginia Fall is so weird to me. Its almost December and we are still in the 50's and 60's. I have so many memories of Thanksgiving back home where it was FREEZING. The local news station put out their Winter Weather Forecast a couple of weeks ago and they are predicting we will have a snowy winter. Meaning, we will get 7-12 inches of snow! Having lived in Wyoming, Rexburg, and then Syracuse, this is pretty much a joke. But I will take it! It will be nice having a winter where we don't have to dig our car out of huge drifts.
-Kayden is 20 months old now. Crazy! He talks like crazy, runs around like crazy, and tortures his brother like crazy. He is an early bird (meaning he is up before 6:30 and sometimes even 6 most mornings). I am an early person by nature, but I honestly prefer spending my early mornings working out, so this is not my all time favorite things. But we manage! He is a great sleeper though. He goes down for bed around 7 and will sleep 10-11 straight. That is one things that I enjoy about this stage; they sleep through the night! He is such a sweet little boy. Everyday I look at him and think, "Where did my baby go?!" They grow up so fast!
He out of nowhere decided that he was done nursing this week. Before that, I was only nursing him right before bed, so I knew we were almost done, but he just stopped so quickly that it kind of caught me off guard. I love nursing. I am a huge advocate for nursing past 12 months, so it is sad for me to be done. But he is ready, so this is what we're doing!
-Deagan is your typical 4 year old boy! He loves to run and play, and he finds potty talk quite hilarious. :) He says 90% of the prayers around our house, and it is just so sweet to listen to a 4 year old prayer. They are so sincere and cute. Tonight at evening prayer he prayed that I will be nice. :) I obviously need to work on my patience I guess! We have a weekly tradition of having him stay up late one night on the weekend to watch a movie with us. Its one of his favorite traditions! He also really loves doing Family Home Evening. He asks almost every night if we can do Home Evening. He is so smart and his logic to things just blows me away sometimes. He is a real joy to have in our family!
-Not much has changed for me this month. I am continuing to work with a friend as her personal trainer, and I love it. Life tends to feel the same day after day, but life is good so I can't complain. I have had a few health issues come up this month that have been challenging, but nothing life threatening. Its just hard to have things not go the way you hope they would! Thats a life lesson that I am sure I will continue to learn the rest of my life.
We truly are grateful this Thanksgiving season for all that we have been blessed with since we moved here. Life is good!!
3 comments:
love and miss you sooooo much!!!!
Wow, I can't believe he's going to Afghanistan. I'm glad you'll be in Wyoming with family though. Maybe we can sneak in a visit up there!
What a nice update, sounds like life is going fairly smoothly in Virgina. Bryan and I have spent several months apart from each other in our marriage (never six in a row though, my heart really goes out to you there). Goodbyes at the airport are hard, last time Bryan left me in New York we just said goodbye at me apartment and he went to the airport alone. I don't think I could have navigated subways and city blocks in my melancholy state. But at least you have a great family waiting for you on the other side. That should make it a little easier, and you'll be in our prayers too - best of luck!
Post a Comment