Even though the kids don't come out and say it a lot, I know they miss their dad so much. They always look forward to talking to Greg via Skype every morning, and mentioned Greg randomly through out the day. They are daddy's boys through and through!
While Greg was at the airport before he deployed, there was a service for everyone being deployed to record themselves reading books to their children for free. Greg took advantage of it and we received the books last week. In the package that we got, it recommended recording your child watching it for the first time to capture their reaction to send to your deployed spouse. I finally did it last night, and it was so fun to see the boys reaction. (I did record it, but the video was too long to upload here.) They were talking to Greg the whole time through the DVD, and at the end yelled, "I love you Dad!" when it ended. It just melted my heart. I am so grateful for services like this one that help support families during deployments. Its little moments like this that get us through.
1 comment:
That is so cute! What a cool thing!
Today's technology is such a wonderful thing! Can you imagine the days when people could only write letters to deployed spouses??
It is good Greg can still be a part of their lives at home in small ways.
Hope you are doing okay!
Post a Comment