Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Weekend Getaway

This past weekend, I had the rare chance to take a trip by myself to Utah. I was signed up to run the Top of Utah Marathon in Logan, UT. (A post to come on that later). I left Thursday, met my sister in Pocatello, stayed the night there, and then drove to Brigham City the next day for the temple open house before heading to Logan.

The open house was beautiful. I just love the temples. After the open house, we went to Salt Lake to visit my grandparents and my aunt. We stayed with them for several hours and enjoyed our time with them.

My grandpa is really into family history, and he told us several stories of our ancestors. We have great lineage. It makes me proud to belong to such great stock.

This was the first time I had seen my grandparents since I have been here. I'm not sure how we didn't make it work to see them until that point, but it just never worked out. I'm just sad I didn't have the boys with me. I showed them all pictures though and filled them in on their sweet little quirks and stories. It was such a great visit. I am so grateful for my family.

We drove to Logan that night, and got ready for race day! I will recap that in another post! :)

No comments: