This past month has been pretty crazy, so I am late in posting about so many things. I have to post this one first though because it is by far the best thing that has happened this past month; Greg got home!!
On September 20th, I flew to Baltimore to meet Greg at the airport. I got in a couple hours before his flight was in, so I had time to get my bags, get a bite to eat, and then figure out where his flight was coming in at. Since he was flying with the military, he was coming in a special area of the airport where all military personnel come in. It was a really neat area because they had tons of signs on the wall, a big group of family and friends waiting for their loved ones, and then a ton of soldiers waiting to deploy. A local organization organized a care package for everyone coming home, and they arranged for someone to sign the national anthem. It was emotional, and I felt so proud to be a part of this country at that moment.
A little while later, I got a call from Greg!! He hadn't been able to use his phone in Afghanistan, so I knew he was finally in when I heard from him. He had to go through customs before he could come out, so while it was only a few minutes, it felt like forever as I waited for him to come through those doors. A few minutes later though, he walked through the doors and it seemed so surreal to see him! I was so nervous before for some reason, but once I saw him I was just excited! I was also really emotional, but it was a great moment! I am so glad to have him home!!

No comments:
Post a Comment