Sunday, February 2, 2014

MLK Day 2014

Deagan learned a lot about Martin Luther King at school this year, so we decided to go visit the memorial this year on MLK day. I love how close we live to the city when we can do things like this. 

It was an unusually warm day that day, so it was fun to walk around and see a few memorials while we were down town. We thought we would have a hard time finding parking close to the memorials, so ended up parking really far from everything. In the end, I think we walked at least 5 miles that day. It was a good day to walk though! 

The MLK monument! 


The boys at the Lincoln Memorial


We were walking past the National Monunent on the way home, and I was blown away by the lighting. There are no filters on this picture. I love it when nature  is so beautiful! 

No comments: