Friday, December 14, 2007

What a week!

What a week it has been! We found out on Wednesday that Deagan has an ear infection, which explains why he wasn't sleeping. I haven't slept really in about 4 days, so I am beyond exhaustion. It hurts Deagan to lay down and sleep, so I have been holding him and sleeping with him in our rocking chair. I have been so afraid that I am going to drop him or squoosh him that I am never really asleep. I hoping and praying that tonight the anti-biotics really kick in. It has been quite the adventure giving Deagan his medicine. He fights it SO much, and I also feel like such a bad mom when we give him his medicine but I know that we have to give it to him. The past couple of nights he has gone to bed past him normal bed time because we have had stuff to do, and he is always SO tired after his bath. Last night, we were giving him his medicine and trying to make it seem so exciting by smiling and laughing. He would take a little bit of his medicine and look back and forth between Greg and I. Then out of nowhere, he just burst into a really high-pitch scream-cry. It was the saddest thing ever! He seems to be feeling a lot better today as far as his ear is concerned, but now he is getting over a cold. Greg has been sick as well, and now I am just waiting for it to hit me. Let's hope it doesn't!

I don't know if you can tell from this picture, but he didn't feel good at all. Poor little guy!


He really doesn't like pacifiers, but I have been trying to get him to take one. So far, no luck.


Greg just walked in the door in this picture, and Deagan's face lit up! He sure loves his daddy!



Another picture of that cute little smile!


I know this looks gross, but its a picture showing how much he loves his medicine. Not!



2 comments:

Laura said...

Ugh! Those evil ear infections. It seems like everyone has had them this semester. I hope you don't get the yucky flu-bug that's been going around.

Linzi said...

Poor little guy. Being sick is just no fun. Especially when it's late at night and you have no idea what to do. Glad to hear you are doing better!