Tuesday, April 22, 2008

It's about time!

I have been really bad about posting lately due to a lot of reasons, but I figured that it is about time that I catch up before I end up posting a huge post of pictures and boring rants.

Since we got back from Park City, we have been pretty busy. Trying to get settled, rearranging to give Deagan his own room, cleaning, taking care of a sick baby, and starting school really do take up a lot of time! Back to the first thing of getting settled and giving Deagan his own room; Deagan is now in our second bedroom. I think that the transition was harder on me. Deagan didn't even see to notice. I found myself constantly getting out of bed in the middle of the night to make sure that he was breathing. It is so nice having our room to ourselves again. We will just have to enjoy it as much as we can before another little one comes along. (I am not hinting at anything either. I am not pregnant!) We got rid of a lot of stuff as well, which has really made our apartment feel so much more inviting. I love the feeling that comes with rearranging furniture and deep cleaning. That is one of my favorite things!

Deagan has also been really sick lately. For the longest time we thought that he must be teething, but Sunday he got a really high fever and Monday he was extremely sick. I took him to the doctor on Monday, and he said that he had a virus called coxicoli (if that is how you spell it). It is basically blisters in the throat. I felt so bad for Deagan. The doctor showed me them when he was trying to find out what was wrong with them, and they looked so painful. No wonder he was so sick! The doctor said that he would be sick like he was for about 3 days before we saw any improvement, but this morning he woke up fever free. We give credit to the blessing that Greg gave him yesterday. I am very grateful for Greg and for the priesthood that he holds. It is a powerful thing, and I know that that helped Deagan get better faster. Deagan had a pretty good day today, but we kept him in for at least one more day because the doctor said that the virus is really contagious. Apparently, adults can't get the virus. It makes me wonder where he got it because he isn't around other kids that much. I just hope that we don't make some other kid sick in our ward. If he has, I AM SO SORRY!

Deagan is doing something new everyday. He is getting closer and closer to crawling. He has mastered pushing himself backwards, but just not forwards. He will get it. His favorite thing right now is to pull himself up using our fingers. He is getting so strong. What a little cutie he is!

Greg and I are both in school this semester, and I think that it will be a pretty crazy semester. We are excited for the challenge, and we are just so happy to be back in Rexburg! We hope that everyone else is doing well!

His little smile just melts me.

My family was in town one weekend to celebrate my dad's birthday and for a family wedding. It was SO fun to have them here with us. I love my family so much. They are a huge support to us. Deagan is still a little hesitant to let just anyone hold him. I think that he is experiencing a little stranger anxiety, but I know that the more we are with my family the more comfortable he will be around them. The picture above is of him posing as everyone else took pictures of him. He make a great model!



I know it looks cruel, but we put Deagan in a box to see what he would think and he liked it! He loved that he could pull himself up in it!

We also tried to laundry basket, and this was even funner to him to pull himself up in! He is getting to good at doing this!


My mom gives Deagan kisses and leaves a lipstick mark behind. It might be kind of hard to tell, but he has a lipstick mark on his forehead. He is showing off how much his grandma loves him!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh my gosh!!! Once again... custest baby boy ever!!!

Dawn said...

Yay Michelle! I was missing you posts!!!

Jon and Sarah Jackson Family said...

You can do it. As hard as it may seem to be a mom and go to school you can do it!