Sunday, April 6, 2008

Picture Update

What a wonderful General Conference we had this weekend! What an amazing experience it was to witness and be a part of a solemn assembly and to sustain President Monson as our new Prophet. As I listened to him speak in the final session of conference, I felt the spirit testify that he is called of God. What a sweet experience that was. Elder Ballard also gave a great talk on motherhood that gave me, and I am sure every other mother in the world, a feeling of strength that I can do what is expected of me. I feel so blessed to be a part of such a magnificent gospel!

Now for an update:

We are now home from Park City; hopefully home for good this time. We had a great time visiting with Greg's family and enjoying the time the we had together. The time flew by a little too fast, but it is nice to get back and to hopefully start a routine for all of us. We were able to do a lot, but I still felt that I was not able to do all that I wanted. There are so many people that I was hoping to see while we were there, and I feel bad that we were not able to see everyone. Hopefully soon we will be able to see our friends and family soon!
This post consists of a lot of pictures which I think make it easier to see what we were up to! Sorry for the over load!

At the place where we stayed, they had a "fun center" for the kids to play in. One afternoon we all went down with the kids to play. Deagan really loved this toy. I had to pry his fingers from it when it was time to go.

One evening, some of our friends came to visit since they lived in the area. They have the cutest little girl a little older then Deagan. Deagan seemed to really like her. They even were playing together. It was a great time to practice sharing.

It was so cute because they kept taking things from each other and playing with it and then the other would take it back.



Deagan gets fascinated by really random things sometimes. This stool is one of those things that he was very enthralled with. He would sit at the base and try his hardest to pull himself up. He wasn't able to go all the way up by himself, so had to help him. He is getting pretty good at standing!

We bought Deagan his first swim suit, and this is when Daddy and him were about to go take a dip.

My niece Belen really loves cameras, so we were taking pictures together for a long time.

The doctor told us that he has a big head, but I think that he still has a way to go before he fits into this hat.

Some more pictures from when Belen and I were taking pictures. She is so cute!

I had the wonderful chance to visit with one of my dearest friends, Dawn, from home. I hadn't seen her since she was married 9 months ago, so she hadn't met Deagan yet. It was so fun to get together and talk while the guys went to the Priesthood session. Dawn is such a wonderful friend! I remember that when we first met when we were 5 or so that I wanted to be her friend so bad because she seemed like such a cool person. I am grateful for her and for her friendship!

We were trying to figure out how to use to timers on our cameras, and Deagan was our model as we figured it out. He loved all the attention!

He LOVED swimming! It was like a giant bath. The pool was heated, so it was nice to swim in for him!


It is kind of hard to tell in this picture but his hair is spiked in the middle. Everyone tells us, "Oh he is so bald." This is proving to everyone who has said that that he is not bald. He just has really blonde hair. Again, he is sitting by his favorite stool.

8 comments:

Dawn said...

Michelle, it was so great to see you too! You will always be one of my best friends and I am so glad that we were able to catch up. And I'm glad that I got to meet your adorable Deagon. He is even cuter in person than on your blog (and he is dang cute on your blog)!

Jessica said...

Wow, Deagan is growing up! And into such a handsome guy! I'm really excited to come over tomorrow, that'll really be a nice stress reliever for us, although it'll probably be the opposite for you. Sorry. I really hope that we can keep in touch, so that when we come back we can still get together and play! Well... let the kids play. It's crazy to think that when we get back, the babies will be one!

Ashley said...

cute pictures!!!!!!!! it was fun to get together this weekend!!!! i am glad that you are back in Rexburg for a while!!!!!!!!

Brandi Allred said...

The picture of Deagan smiling in the swimsuit is my favorite!! So cute :)

Megan Marie said...

What a little stud. His smiles are simply wonderful! I am so excited for this summer and letting the boys play together! We'll have to walk down to the splash park and see what they think of it once it gets warm enough. Yay, I'm so glad you are home! I missed you!

Nicole said...

Deagan is one of the CUTEST little boys I have ever seen!! Thanks for bringing him into the advising center last week! It made my day :)

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Theater, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-theater-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Jessica said...

Hey! We miss you guys already. I hope everything is going well back in Rexburg. I wanted to call you today, to check in on you with some of the pregnant ladies in the ward. See how they're doing. Has Lara had her baby?? Or Susie? Well I hope that you guys are getting some sunny days, because we're actually getting more snow! Nothing too crazy, but still. I can't wait for it to warm up!