Monday, November 17, 2008

A day in the life of a 1 year old...

Life with Deagan is fun, challenging, exhausting, discouraging, thrilling...you get the point.  We love our little man despite the challenges that might come along with him being 1.  What a great stage he is in despite the dishes, clothes, toys, or other items that string around the house.
Come on a little tour of a day with Deagan as your guide:

While mom and dad are making breakfast, it is IMPERATIVE that I help them by getting out every pot and pan in order for them to see all of their dish options.  Then, I quickly get in the cupboard and show off how cute I am!

If by chance I am not able to get in the cupboard by myself, dad always has my back.

Mom is so busy that I feel she needs a little pampering now and then.  I have found that a head massage helps.
Mom thanks me with a kiss.
My response to that is to pull her hair. 
Mom is always taking my picture.  I had had it up to my eyeballs this day, so I just walked away leaving mom posing crazy like all by her self.
I have observed lately that mom really likes to clean.  I feel that rubbing off on me.  The first thing I do when I get ready for the day is go to the coat closet and get the vacuum out.  For some reason mom has put a limit to only vacuuming twice a day.  I know that I can make many more messes to change that!
After we hit our two times a day limit, I still really want to vacuum.  So instead of getting sad about it, I just ride the vacuum like a horse!  So fun!
Mom and dad have tried everything to keep me out of all the cupboards, for reasons that I still not have figured out.  While mom is getting ready, I make sure to get into this cupboard and pull everything out.  I consider this a service to mom.  She seems to enjoy it!

6 comments:

Kat & Paul said...

I love deagan! It makes me happy when he smiles at me! I love that he likes to vacuum...he should hang around my children more! show them his ways!

Miriah Griffith said...

this is so funny! I am terrified for Lucy to get that age...although I'm told that little girls are a lot calmer than little boys. Guess I'll find out in about a year. I still think it's so crazy that our babies have the same birthday!

Ashley said...

Its so good to hear Deagn's point of view on his day! :) This is a way cute post! it made me smile!

Jon and Sarah Jackson Family said...

Ahhh...little boys. Andrew is in the same phase. Mikayla never really went through it though. Maybe it is the mark of a boy!

Laura said...

Oh Deagan. What a rascal.

The Lennons said...

So Cute and oh so familiar! Thanks for the tour! I find comfort in knowing I'm not the only one who spends the day picking up endless piles out of cupboards!