Sunday, March 22, 2009

A little scared I must admit

We are flying out east on Tuesday to visit Syracuse and Washington D.C. so we can decide where we are going to go to school. While I am so excited for this trip because we will finally be able to decide where we are going to move to in a couple of months, I am terrified of the flying part of the trip.  Lame right?  I have always had a fear of flying, but for some reason I am really nervous for this trip.  I am thinking this has to do with a couple of reasons; 1-We have watching WAY too must "Lost" lately.  I am not sure that I would be able to survive like those people if we crashed on an island; 2-There have been a few commercial plane crashes lately.  The latest crash was in Montana and a lot of kids died in the crash.  
I have flown before, but for some reason this time I am little more nervous because of these reasons.  The last time we flew was when Deagan was 4 months old and he slept the whole time.  18 months is a different story for a child on a plane.  I don't know what I am going to do to keep him entertained for 4 hours on a plane where he can't run around.  I feel sorry for the people who are going to be sitting around us.  
Wish us luck! :s

5 comments:

Dawn said...

Good Luck!! I am sure everything will be fine. If I had any children I would offer some advice - but since I have NO idea what that is like - I will just say that I'll say a special prayer for you!

Ashley said...

I will pray for you a lot to be safe! But I can totally understand being scared! I would feel the same way!!!

The Lennons said...

You'll be ok! And lucky for you there are no Islands between Idaho and DC! Good luck in your school hunt

Unknown said...

You can do it!!! :o) I'd recommend getting up as much as possible during the cruising altitude and walking up and down the aisle with Deagan - it helped us a lot. Good luck and have fun!

Kamey V said...

I'm glad that your trip went well. I was more scared to go to Argentina with a child, but it was a good experience for her. I'm glad that Deagan survived.