We really love the area, and are always exploring to see what is around us. There is so much history here as well. It is such a neat place! From driving around so much we are really glad that we are where we are. Downtown Syracuse is not the nicest, so we are so glad that we were directed to Manlius!
Deagan has been sick pretty for a few days now. He had an ear infection but had a really high fever and was throwing up. It has not been a very good week, but he is starting to feel better! It is kind of scary with him being sick and not having any insurance right now. We are crossing our fingers that we all stay relatively healthy until everything comes through.
We love our ward! We have welcomed with open arms and feel so blessed! Greg was just called into the Elder's Quorum presidency, so we will be able to get to know people pretty quick with his calling. A family in our ward invited us over for Memorial Day celebrations, which was really perfect timing for me because I have been missing my family so much lately that it will be nice to be able to spend a holiday with friends.
We are training for another half marathon this summer, so we have been training for that. We have a lot of down time right now during the job hunt so we have been able to spend a lot of time training, relaxing, exploring, etc. It will be nice for Greg to have a job, but I really love the time that we have to spend as a family right now!
We hope that everyone is doing well! Hugs and Kisses from Manlius to all our family!!
4 comments:
We love you so much over here in Powell!! I am so excited that you guys are training for another half marathon! i think I would LOVE to run in the areas that you guys get to run in right now!!! I am so happy to hear that the ward is so good too! Those people are so lucky to have you guys there!!!!
Job hunting can be SO stressful, I know! Last summer when we got back from Baltimore, it took Tom 3 months to find a job! But the Lord took care of us, and we made it through. I know you guys will too. You and Greg are very brave to move across the country :0)
oh Michelle...I hope Greg finds something soon. That can be a scary situation especially with the little one being sick. things will work out though, you guys are doing everything right and the Lord will bless you. Sounds like you have made great friendships in the ward, it's amazing how the church is the same ANYWHERE you go and will help you through anything. we love you and miss you guys!! hang in there girl, you're an amazing wife and mother!
oh and I'm so proud of you guys for training for that marathon! You are my idol seriously! That takes a lot of dedication and hard work and not many people can say they've done that! Can't wait to hear about it!
Post a Comment