
We have only been in Manlius for a couple of days now and I already feel that we have been given so many tender mercies from the Lord than I have room to hold! (If that makes sense.) When we first got here, I was so nervous and afraid of the environment. Greg suggested that I pray to be able to see the good in people and I have seen those prayers being answered. We were nervous and excited about going to church today because we know that the church will be our support system while we are here. The ward that we are attending is small, but SO nice!! We felt like we met the entire ward today because everyone was coming up to us to say hi and to offer to help us with anything that we needed. We hardly made it to any of our meetings beside Sacrament meeting because of that, but we feel so welcomed! We have been praying that we will be able to find ways to get involved with the ward, and I know that our prayers will be answered and are being answered in this regard. The Bishop and his wife invited us over for dinner tonight and helped us to become more familiar with the area. We now feel that if anyone ever visits the area we need to show the same kindness that we have been shown since we got here, which we were planning on doing anyway.
We are now in the Palmyra Temple district and it is surprising that the temple has very limited times that it is open. We got the schedule today in church and they are only open for a few hours each day. VERY different from our experience in the Rexburg temple. The picture above is the temple. Another really neat thing is that the sacred grove is right besides the temple. It is amazing to me when I think about the history that is there. The Lord and Jesus Christ appeared right there, and we have the privilege to walk where they did! That is something that gives me the goosebumps just thinking about it!
We have only been here a short time, but I can already tell that the Lord is VERY VERY VERY aware of us! I can feel His hand leading us and guiding us, and I am SO grateful for that! I could not do this without Him! I can testify that the Lord is aware of each of us as well. We are not alone. I am so grateful for these tender mercies.
7 comments:
We're sorry to see you guys go but are so glad that you got there safely and are able to see the blessings of the Lord already! We hope all goes well for you guys!
Oh I am glad for you! It's great we have the church because it's the true gospel but also because it's so nice to feel at home in any ward we go to.
I am so glad you guys made it! I can't wait to see photo's of the new place and your new town! The temple looks so beautiful (what temple isn't I guess). How far are you guys from it? Glad you are safe!
I AM SO EXCITED TO READ THIS POST!!! I was hoping and praying that you guys would would find peace there! I am so excited that everyone was so nice to you guys! They are SO lucky to have your guys in their ward! I hope you have a fun day organizing your new little home! Love you and miss you!
that's awesome Michelle! So glad you guys are safe and sound and being blessed.
I am so glad everything is working out for you. This post makes me excited to come come out that way. We are going to be in Palmyra and Rochester this summer.
Isn't the church great! With Scott and I moving so much, the church is what we rely on. I love it! I hope you are enjoying New York! To answer your question, our family lives in Elkin, NC. It is 30 minutes below the NC- Virginia line. Feel free to visit us anytime!
Post a Comment