Monday, July 6, 2009

We are still here...

I have been in a blogging slump and feeling that I really don't have that interesting of a life right now, so sorry for the lack of posting.

Greg started school last week which means he is gone A LOT!  I am really enjoying my time home with Deagan though!  There is a ton to do in the area, so we are enjoying the beautiful weather!  It rains a TON here though, so a lot of our days are spent inside it seems finding things to do.

We had a  lovely 4th and spent it at a ward member's house a long with most of the ward.  Deagan was out by 8 that night, so we watched the fireworks a lone from the roof of our car.  Very romantic I must say :)  

Deagan took a horrible spill down the stairs today, and I being the over protective and paranoid mom that I am freaked out!  I am beginning to think that part of Deagan's tears might have come from the fact that I screamed like a maniac!  I just wonder what our neighbors must think about what goes on in our house.  But I really shouldn't be too worried about it considering the fact that we hear them yelling on a more frequent basis.  Instead of yelling out of fear though they yell out of anger, so I feel justified!  The way that Deagan fell though I was convinced that he was going to break something!  Miraculously he only ended up with a scratch on his neck and cheek.  We were definitely watched over!!  Poor Greg got a frantic phone call from me and being the wonderful person that he is calming walked through what to do.  Oh what would I do without him!

Here are a few pictures to make this post a little more interesting: 

Playing on his new slide--A ward member gave this to us for free!
We played on the grass during the 4th of July parade rather than watching it.  Bark is SO much more interesting than fire trucks!
In a trance at the local Zoo...The sharks that he is holding are now a necessity for WHERE EVER we go.  
Taking a break in the shade...Gotta love the shades Greg is wearing!
Posing at the sign at the Zoo...he wanted me to go back there with him though. 

Hugs and Kisses from New York!!

3 comments:

The Chambers said...

CUTE pictures! I would have cried and screamed bloody murder if my child fell and it's probably bound to happen one day. You are such a great mom though. What would we do without our husbands. I always go to Tra' when I am stressed and freaking out and he knows the exact things to say to calm me down and "walk me through the steps". I LOVE IT! Deagan and those sharks crack me up...EVERYWHERE he goes! LOVE IT!

Miriah Griffith said...

Deagan is getting SO BIG! I can't believe it, it seems like he was just born!

Ashley said...

SOOO CUTE!!! I LOVE these pictures!! The slide one is adorable!