Greg and myself both celebrated our birthdays this past week. The one thing that I really realized this year was that birthdays really change when you get older. I remember as a young child feeling so anxious and excited when it was my birthday. The whole day was dedicated to Ashley and I, and the whole day just felt magical. I woke up this year on my birthday really early to get ready for babysitting and I didn't feel that magical feeling I remembered. For some reason, I was emotional all day, realizing what has changed over time. But life is busy now, and like other normal people, I had to work on my birthday. Not that big of a deal, but it made me realize that times really have changed. Of course Greg did whatever he could to make my day special, but he was busy with school as well. Deagan's birthday is this Wednesday, and I am determined to make his day special from the time he gets up until the time he goes to bed. Maybe I will just have to live vicariously through my children from now on? :)
2 comments:
I think we all realize that special occasions are special because of what our mothers did. Holidays, birthdays, all celebrations in general seemed so amazing because our moms made such a big deal out of them. Now we're the moms, and we find joy in making the day special for our kids. I think other people's special days become a bigger deal to us than our own:0)
I have learned since I became a mom, expect NOTHING for your birthday and then it really is special when someone calls you or your husband takes the garbage out for your birthday suprise.
Post a Comment