I am a couple days shy of 36 weeks, but had my 36 week appointment this morning. Ugh. Not a fun one, but everything looks great. Baby is head down, and seems to be growing great. I was worried last week that he had turned breach again because I could feel him having the hiccups up high. He gets hiccups a lot, and I normally feel them down really low. But it looks like he is cooperating as far as that goes for now!
I am feeling pretty good still. I lost a couple of pounds for some reason, and they were not too happy about that. I guess it is time to stack up on the fries and shakes. :) Not really, but I do have to eat more. It is so hard to eat as it is since I feel like I run out of room so quickly after meals. Oh well!
I met with my doula this afternoon and we talked about a birth plan. It was really great to sit down and to visualize what I want and what I don't want. I feel like I had Deagan totally blind as to what might happen, and I feel so much more prepared mentally this time. I know a lot more and and feel that I will be able to make more educated decisions. I am still leaning towards as natural as possible. I had a contraction last night though that hurt pretty bad, and the first thought I had was "There is no way I am NOT getting an epidural." We will see I guess.
We toured the hospital where I will be delivering yesterday, and I feel much more prepared as far as that goes. It is definitely a lot bigger than the hospital where I delivered Deagan at, so there are a few things that are different that I don't like. But over all I am happy with it and excited to deliver there!
4 more weeks to go!!
4 comments:
Oh man I just love your belly! I can't wait to hear all about your natural/epidural delivery!
I delivered Lucy at 36 weeks, and the doc says there's a really good chance this one will come early too as a result. You are so optimistic for 36 weeks! I was MORE THAN READY to be induced. I don't know how women carry the full 40 weeks. You look beautiful! I know it's hard to feel that way when you're pregnant, but trust me, you do. I hope you are able to have a VBAC birth. I didn't go natural, I had drugs through my IV. But no functional epidural. The adrenaline takes care of most of the pain, honestly. I didn't even feel the episiodomy or stitches because I had so much adrenaline.
Good luck with everything, and thanks for the cute pics!
You look great doll! I want a baby in my tummy! Hopefully this will be the golden year :o) So excited for this new addition. SO CLOSE! I can't wait to see pictures.
You are so cute! Looking forward to the birth story.
Post a Comment