Thursday, September 9, 2010

Birthdays!


This time of year is full of cake and more cake as 3 out of the 4 of us celebrate a birthday within a week of each other! It is a lovely time of year but I find myself regretting all the cake that I consumed as a result. I guess it just means I need to kick it up a notch in my workout tomorrow:)

My birthday was on the 3rd, and I turned 24! I know it is still young but I feel like I have "arrived" now:) I was spoiled by Greg and my day was full of surprises and time with my family.  It was perfect.

Greg's birthday was on the 5th and he turned 26.  That night he said, "Man, I am almost 30." Well, he isn't almost 30 but for some reason peaking over 25 has made him feel like he is aging quicker than he would like. 
That day was a kind of a crazy day with it being a Sunday, and even though Sundays are suppose to the a day of rest, they never are. (We both find it ironic that before we leave to church we are both have a hard time feeling the spirit because just getting out of the door is enough to make one of us want to swear:)
I made him his favorite meal: swiss steak with mashed potatoes, homemade rolls and a homemade angel food cake.  It all turned out yummy.  I hope he had a good day because I really tried to make it nice, but it was such a crazy day with church and church callings that I am afraid I let him down.  Sorry sweetheart!

Deagan's birthday is today! Can't believe he is 3. The past 2 mornings he has been getting up really early asking to open his presents, and then on his actual birthday he slept in and I ended up having to wake him up.  He was really cranky when he woke up but as soon as we said "Happy Birthday!" he was totally excited.  Both of our parents sent a package full of gifts and he had the gifts that we got for him, so he was totally spoiled but loved it!
I made him "Buzz Lightyear" pancakes (pancaked died green) and he was so happy! He actually ate them which is a miracle! We then went to his orientation for preschool and then had lunch at Subway. (per his request!) Where he again ate his lunch!  We then came home and he played with his new toys ALL day. And because it was his birthday he didn't take a nap and did amazingly well despite that.  We ordered pizza from our local favorite place and he AGAIN ate his meal! What is this!? Amazing! 
The past 3 years have been the hardest but the best 3 years of my life because I am a mother.  I am so grateful for my little Deagan and for his vibrant spirit and his love of life. What a blessing he is to me us.
We love you Deagan!!

3 comments:

Brandi Allred said...

Happy birthday to the three of you!

Rachelle said...

I feel fulawful! I didn't realize it was Greg's birthday on Sunday. What cool toys Deagan recieved for his birthday! You are totally right, being a mom is the best!

Sister Chelsea Marie Akin said...

Your blog posts make me so happy! I love your little family and I'm so excited to see you all again!