Thursday, January 26, 2012

First Snow

This past weekend it finally snowed and stuck for longer than a few hours! But then it rained and it all turned into ice, but it still snowed! We took advantage of it while it lasted and the kids loved it! I just hope it snows enough at some point to build a snowman because that's all the kids wanted to do. We might just have to wait until we get to Wyoming though because it doesn't look like we will be getting snow anytime soon.

It is funny living in an area that is not use to snow though because you hear the word snow in the forecast and all the milk and bread is gone from grocery store shelves. This past Monday all government employees didn't have to start work until 11 because of the "storm." At that point there wasn't any snow, just freezing rain. I think they did that though because traffic is so bad to begin with that any wrinkle in it just makes it impossible. I was grateful to have Greg home for a few hours though! It's nice to have the extra help in the morning.

I am grateful that we have had such nice weather this winter, but I oddly miss the snow. I better be careful what I wish for though :)

No comments: