Our little Kayden was quite sick this past week. He woke up from a nap Tuesday and felt warm to me. He had a low fever at that point, and I hesitated to give him any medicine at that point because I have heard you shouldn't always immediately drug them up; treat the reason for the fever first.
Well the day dragged on and he got worse. I could not pin point a reason to his fever, so when his fever went over 100 I decided it was time to help him feel comfortable. From that point on for the next 2 days his fever stayed above 100 despite medicine. He wouldn't eat, but would drink a little.
Greg gave him a blessing and was promised a full recovery, but it was quite the week waiting for him to get better. He hardly slept, which meant I didn't sleep. He was the grumpiest little boy in the world; I know I can be over dramatic but honestly it was bad. I couldn't blame him for being grumpy when he was so sick, so I had to keep reminding myself that he wasn't trying to test every ounce of patience that I have in my body.
His fever finally went away but then he developed a rash. We took him to the urgent care yesterday and they assumed it was just viral because they could not pin point anything. A $50 co-pay was the hard part of that visit. I am grateful that there was nothing seriously wrong with him, but man I wish there was something they could treat so I would feel better about paying that kind of money. Oh well :)
Today is the first day where I feel we almost have our full Kayden back. The first picture on this post is right in the middle of the sickness and the 2nd was taken today. You cam definitely tell he is feeling better, and I am so grateful for that! Being healthy is truly a blessing.


No comments:
Post a Comment