Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Our 2012 Goals

Greg and I both made some goals for the New Year, and we wanted to post them as a way to keep track of them.

Michelle's Goals:

  • Go outside to play every day with the kids despite the weather; dress SUPER warm if we need to!
  • Go on one "date" with them once a month (at least!).  
  • Put Deagan in swimming lessons while I am in Powell.
  • No treats for the month of January (and possibly until Greg deploys in March) After that, eat treats on days of the week that start with "S."
  • Run 1-2 Half Marathon, and 1 full marathon.
  • Go to the temple once a month
  • Do a session at the temple with Greg before he deploys.
  • Get a dog!
  • Read the entire standard works using this guide
  • Read entire Book of Mormon as a family.
  • Buy a house by November!
  • Save a specific amount of money for each member of our family by the end of the year.
  • Get CPR certified.
  • Read 24 books this year. (Or MORE!)
  • Think about expanding our family??
Greg's Goals:
  • Spend 30 min/day working on my Urdu reading proficiency and try to be at the high intermediate proficiency level by the end of the year. 
  • Apply for the Urdu fellowship through work
  • Maintain solid scripture study throughout my deployment
  • Read the entire Book of Mormon as a family.
  • Run another half marathon with Michelle after I return from Afghanistan.
  • Train daily for the half marathon while I am deployed.
  • Work hard to get first promotion before I deploy.
  • Work hard to become an expert in my field at work and get 2nd promotion by August.
  • Buy a house by November
  • Visit family and friends

We have quite the year ahead of us I think! Good luck in your resolutions!

No comments: