Before I post about anything else, I wanted to write about where we are now and what has led us here. Here is a quick recap...
-Greg got home on the 20th of September.
-We looked for houses from the 21st-26th and were blessed to find "the one."
-We put an offer on the house, after some back and forth, everything was agreed on, and we were under contract.
-On the 27th, Greg and I flew to Costa Rica. We stayed there until the 3rd. It was a great vacation, but I was so ready to be back in the states. It is a whole new world over there.
-We flew back to Wyoming to get the kids on the 3rd. We stayed with my family, saw a few of my siblings, packed up saw some great friends, and then flew out on the 6th back to the DC area.
-I spent the whole first day back here depressed about being away from my family. I hate the distance between us.
-We enjoyed Conference, which was really so lovely.
-We found temporary housing on a local Air Force base, and have been there since. Greg works during the day, and I stay here with the kids. Its a challenge right now, but we seem to get through each day.
-We close on our house next week, and I can't wait! I am ready for some stability!
So right now, we are in limbo, but we are together, and really that is all that really matters :)
2 comments:
What a whirlwind of a month! Glad you were able to find a place and hope you get into your home soon! If you guys want to hang out sometime this week, we'd love to see you! How far are you guys from us? Message me on facebook..
Congrats on the house! Being together is what really matters. I'm sure you know that better than most!
Post a Comment