One of my favorite things to do us to look at the books that we have printed from our blog. It is so fun to read what was going on then and to look at pictures of our growing family. It's neat to see the struggles we have overcome and the blessings we have been given. When I read posts where I am describing a struggle, I am grateful that I took the time to write it because I see how I have grown.
My boys love looking at the books to and point out old toys of theirs and to see how they have changed. It makes for a great family bonding moment!
One thing I noticed that has changed from my record keeping of our family is that I use to be much more descriptive. Now I just write enough to record a memory. Maybe it's because life is just busier? I miss the detail though, so I thought I would do a more detailed update of our family for posterity sake :)
Greg: He has become an expert in his profession, which was his goal from his deployment; to come away knowing his stuff! He is a vital assets to his team which is great for his career! Unfortunately, the federal government has been holding the possibility of furloughs over employees heads, so a lot of Greg's team have abandoned ship so to speak, so he is very busy trying to make up for a number of people's work. Either way, he hardly complains and goes to work to support our family regardless of the stress he is under. But I think he would be very happy if a new job arose. :) I am very grateful for his work ethic! He goes to work early so he can get home early. I love seeing him home by 3 some days!
He has been working in the Young Men program in our church and has seemed to enjoy that. He has never served in the youth programs so I think it has been a welcome change.
He has enjoyed the challenges that come from owning a home. He has acquired a few power tools and enjoys trying to fix things that break. He does a great job! Home ownership suits him well :)
Michelle: Since the weather has gotten warmer and the sun is our longer, I have felt myself feel more alive here. I felt like I kind of just endured the winter here, and it really was not that harsh of a winter. I just felt the effects of continual gray skies. I have loved the SonShine and staying outside with the boys as much as we am during the days.
I got a job as a personal trainer right after we moved here, which was good for getting experience, but it was a hard work environment. I had been praying for a way to get out of it, and this past week an opportunity arose and I quit. I don't feel like I gave up as my employers felt because the environment was very hard for me. I felt like I did what I had to for my own well being. I know God provided a way out and for that I am grateful.
I have been babysitting a little and training out of our home, so I am trying to help bring in some money. With me not working at this gym anymore, I am actively searching for new opportunities. It's tricky though since my requirement is that I have to be able to do it with the boys there or when Greg is home. I know I'm picky but I will not sacrifice my job as a stay at home mom. It is too important to me. I know The Lord will provide.
I have tried to continue doing races, and have really enjoyed the ones I've done!
I have made a lot of great friends since moving here, and the boys have too. We love having friends over! I am grateful for good friends.
Deagan: Our sweet Deagan turned 5 this past year which means he starts Kindergarten in the fall. That just blows my mind. We got him registered a couple of weeks ago, so it's official! I am honestly terrified of him going to school because I'm afraid of the negative influences he will have, so I've toyed with the idea of homeschooling, but I'm afraid I will cheat him. I just want him to always be a good boy!
Deagan is a very smart and active boy. He still LOVES toys and would do anything to get a new one. He loves spending time outside, and running and playing. I have noticed lately that he seems to have some natural athletic ability, so I'm excited to get him involved in sports.
He is a great brother to Kayden, when he is not picking on him:). He is a great helper to me. I just love him! I need to work on being more patient with him because I tend to over react a lot with him. I guess it's the blessing (or curse?) of being the oldest.
Kayden: He is the sweetest little thing. Reading back in our blog books, I just can't believe he is 3. He is so fun. He has the sweetest little spirit. I'm so blessed to be his mom.
He is not as into toys as Deagan is. He is more willing to play on his own and entertains himself well. He loves nursery and always says that he has a lot of work to do in nursery :) He is just so busy! He is a great eater and likes everything that Deagan hates. It makes preparing meals kind of tricky!
I was hesitant to put Kayden into preschool this past year, but I am so glad that I did because he did so well. He is going to be going back to the same preschool, without Deagan this time, so hopefully he does just as well!
Life continues to present us with challenges, but that is part of life! I heard somewhere that changes will always come in life, so instead of dreading them, just accept that they will happen. I like that approach. We have been greatly blessed!
My boys love looking at the books to and point out old toys of theirs and to see how they have changed. It makes for a great family bonding moment!
One thing I noticed that has changed from my record keeping of our family is that I use to be much more descriptive. Now I just write enough to record a memory. Maybe it's because life is just busier? I miss the detail though, so I thought I would do a more detailed update of our family for posterity sake :)
Greg: He has become an expert in his profession, which was his goal from his deployment; to come away knowing his stuff! He is a vital assets to his team which is great for his career! Unfortunately, the federal government has been holding the possibility of furloughs over employees heads, so a lot of Greg's team have abandoned ship so to speak, so he is very busy trying to make up for a number of people's work. Either way, he hardly complains and goes to work to support our family regardless of the stress he is under. But I think he would be very happy if a new job arose. :) I am very grateful for his work ethic! He goes to work early so he can get home early. I love seeing him home by 3 some days!
He has been working in the Young Men program in our church and has seemed to enjoy that. He has never served in the youth programs so I think it has been a welcome change.
He has enjoyed the challenges that come from owning a home. He has acquired a few power tools and enjoys trying to fix things that break. He does a great job! Home ownership suits him well :)
Michelle: Since the weather has gotten warmer and the sun is our longer, I have felt myself feel more alive here. I felt like I kind of just endured the winter here, and it really was not that harsh of a winter. I just felt the effects of continual gray skies. I have loved the SonShine and staying outside with the boys as much as we am during the days.
I got a job as a personal trainer right after we moved here, which was good for getting experience, but it was a hard work environment. I had been praying for a way to get out of it, and this past week an opportunity arose and I quit. I don't feel like I gave up as my employers felt because the environment was very hard for me. I felt like I did what I had to for my own well being. I know God provided a way out and for that I am grateful.
I have been babysitting a little and training out of our home, so I am trying to help bring in some money. With me not working at this gym anymore, I am actively searching for new opportunities. It's tricky though since my requirement is that I have to be able to do it with the boys there or when Greg is home. I know I'm picky but I will not sacrifice my job as a stay at home mom. It is too important to me. I know The Lord will provide.
I have tried to continue doing races, and have really enjoyed the ones I've done!
I have made a lot of great friends since moving here, and the boys have too. We love having friends over! I am grateful for good friends.
Deagan: Our sweet Deagan turned 5 this past year which means he starts Kindergarten in the fall. That just blows my mind. We got him registered a couple of weeks ago, so it's official! I am honestly terrified of him going to school because I'm afraid of the negative influences he will have, so I've toyed with the idea of homeschooling, but I'm afraid I will cheat him. I just want him to always be a good boy!
Deagan is a very smart and active boy. He still LOVES toys and would do anything to get a new one. He loves spending time outside, and running and playing. I have noticed lately that he seems to have some natural athletic ability, so I'm excited to get him involved in sports.
He is a great brother to Kayden, when he is not picking on him:). He is a great helper to me. I just love him! I need to work on being more patient with him because I tend to over react a lot with him. I guess it's the blessing (or curse?) of being the oldest.
Kayden: He is the sweetest little thing. Reading back in our blog books, I just can't believe he is 3. He is so fun. He has the sweetest little spirit. I'm so blessed to be his mom.
He is not as into toys as Deagan is. He is more willing to play on his own and entertains himself well. He loves nursery and always says that he has a lot of work to do in nursery :) He is just so busy! He is a great eater and likes everything that Deagan hates. It makes preparing meals kind of tricky!
I was hesitant to put Kayden into preschool this past year, but I am so glad that I did because he did so well. He is going to be going back to the same preschool, without Deagan this time, so hopefully he does just as well!
Life continues to present us with challenges, but that is part of life! I heard somewhere that changes will always come in life, so instead of dreading them, just accept that they will happen. I like that approach. We have been greatly blessed!
2 comments:
You are so good! I need to do better at being more descriptive too...
what a fabulous family you have! we love you guys, and we loved our visit this summer. happy to hear that Kayden is a much better eater than Deagan, but if he wants that athletic career he is looking good in, he may want to think about tolerating a little more ;)
Post a Comment