Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Deagan's ER visit

A few weeks ago, Deagan tripped and hit his head on our brick fireplace. As you know, head wounds bleed; a lot! It was quite traumatic for both him and I!

I took him to the ER, and as we were driving there he is the back sobbing because he does not want shots! Poor kid hates the Dr. Luckily, they only had to glue the wound, so we were all relieved to hear that.

I was given instructions not to bathe him for 24 hrs after the glue was put on, and that next day he colored all over himself with marker. It was like he knew he would get away with it or something. :). I had a lot I had to do in town that day too, so in sure I was quite the sight hauling this child with a dried bloody head and marker all over him!

For being the kid that hates blood, he really handled it all well. I was scared but I tried to remain calm! The wound has healed really well since then, but he will have quite to scar to show off now :)





No comments: