My dad and brother Cody came to visit us last week, and it was such a wonderful visit! I am so grateful for my family for the sacrifice they make to visit us. It means so much to us!
My dad has been out here before and was not interested in sight seeing, so I put them to work! Well I asked nicely if they would help with some yard work, and they went above and beyond the call of duty. All day Friday and Monday of their visit, they helped me clean up my mulch beds and lay new mulch. I had originally planned on doing that all myself, but after seeing how much work it was, I am SO glad they offered to help! It was so fun to work together. We were able to work and laugh together and make some great memories.
 |
| Ashley and dad working in the yard. |
 |
| Cody was the master mulch spreader |
 |
| The boys helped in the only way they knew how :) |
 |
Signing on top of a rock :)
|
On Saturday of their visit, we went to the temple together, and it was such a neat experience. I loved being in the temple with my family. It was also a gorgeous spring day, so it was nice to hang around the temple grounds for a bit to take pictures.
Deagan grabbed my phone and took a lot of the following pictures:
 |
| Grandpa! |
 |
| Me! |
 |
| Stud Cody! |
 |
| Kayden being Kayden :) |
 |
| I love this picture |
 |
| Not the best picture of me, but proof that I have a baby in there! :) |
 |
| So blessed to have these guys as my family! |
 |
| My little family of 4! (Almost 5!) |
I wanted to write down a few memories from the trip so I don't forget:
-Deagan stayed up until Cody and Dad got here, which ended up being almost 11. Kayden didn't quite make it, but Deagan was just too excited to sleep!
-My dad and Cody made sure to terrorize the boys while they were here. I don't think they realized how gullible the boys were, and kept teasing them about things like "straw police" and "wolf-men." The boys still ask me about those things.
-Cody had a game on his phone that I have on mine, so Deagan instantly became obsessed with it because Cody played it. Deagan worships the ground Cody walks on. It was so funny to hear Deagan talking about the game; all.the.time.
-Deagan just loved having family here, and when we dropped Cody and Dad off at the airport, he broke down in tears, which made ME break down in tears. It was so sad. It is so hard to live so far from family some times, but it also make the time that we have together so wonderful.
No comments:
Post a Comment