Another beach outing! I had heard about Colonial Beach that is off of the Potomac and that it was a kid friendly beach and super quiet during the week. Ashley and I took advantage of a free week day and went and explored it. It was only an hour drive from Waldorf, so it was an easy day trip. The water was really shallow, so the boys were able to swim and play on their own pretty far out into the water. I loved this beach as well because they had it netted off to keep large fish out of the swimming area.
(Side note, I learned over the summer that bull sharks have been caught in the rivers and bays near DC, so now me fear of sharks has only gotten worse.)
When we first got there, it was really hot and there was not a lot of places to sit under the shade. I was really nervous about that because I didn't want Easton to get sunburned, but there were these random trees that gave off a great amount of shade. We were able to snatch up the last one, and I felt like it was a tender mercy.
During this time, Easton was going through a period his eating routine was way off. He would only nurse on one side, and then refuse to nurse on the other. He also just kind of didn't seem interested in eating period; especially if we were not at home. Anytime we were out of the house was hard on him and me, but we continued to go out to keep the older boys happy. Having a baby with two very energetic boys is tough, but we survived the summer and manage to have a lot of fun along the way.
 |
| View of the beach |
 |
| A wonderful swimming hole for kids! |
 |
| This was just a welcome nap because he was not napping well outside of the house either! |
 |
| Snack break |
 |
| That didn't last long |
 |
| Another shot of the beach |
No comments:
Post a Comment