Wednesday, February 20, 2008
This is killing me!
Before we left for Seattle, Deagan was so good about falling asleep on his own in his crib. For the past month though, he won't fall asleep unless he is in my arms. I decided that today is the day that I get him back on his old habit. I have never felt like such a bad mother as I do now, but I know that this is something that he needs to do. I have never heard him cry so hard before. I will go in and comfort him and tell him that I love him, but as soon as I leave he starts all over again. Does anyone else have any ideas on how to make this transition easier for him and for me?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hi Michelle, I don't know if I'm the best at giving advice because Alice still doesn't fall asleep by herself BUT my friend bought a thing that she puts on the crib that plays lullabies and has bubles and fish going around and her kid loves it. She just looks at it until she goes to sleep.
I hope that he goes back to his habit fast because I know how frustrating it is. Good luck and thanks for all the pictures you put, we always have fun looking at your blog.
Michelle, I am so sorry. Obviously I don't have any advice but you aren't a bad mother! From what I can tell you are amazing at what you do and someday I will be running to you for advice. So stick in there and know that I totally look up to you for what you are doing and how well you do it!
Okay... well I'm not the best one for advice either, but I'll give you Layla's bedtime routine, just so you have something to compare with. (probably end up making you feel like a BETTER Mom! :) I give Layla a bath at about 8, then change her and feed her for the last time. Then I pick her up and take her into the hallway so she can hear the bathroom fan (weird, I know. But she likes the white noise) and sing her one primary song. She'll be really tired by then, but not completely asleep. I go into her room, place her in her crib and say goodnight. Half of the time she'll lull off to sleep, but the other half, she'll realize it's bedtime and scream her head off. When she cries, I let her, but only for 10 mins. Then I'll go up there and take her back into the hallway (I won't really talk to her much though, I don't want her to think it's time to wake up) and rock her again, by the bathroom so she can hear the fan. And then once she's real tired again, I put her back. That usually does the trick. Now she's gotten to the point where she'll fall asleep on her own after only 5 mins of crying. Goodluck, I know how hard it is to hear your sweet baby scream like that, but remember too that they're getting to that age where they want to test you. Hopefully something from this "book" I wrote helps... Althought, I wont feel bad if it doesn't! Miss you guys!
Post a Comment