Thursday, March 20, 2008

Where Am I?

We are in Canada now, but I really feel like we are much farther away. Everything is SOOO different here. I remember going to Canada when I was younger, but I don't remember it being like this. First of all, everything is in meters, and liters, and grams, and I have no idea what that converts to. Maybe I should have paid more attention in 7th grade science!! The people here are SO diverse. In my opinion, much more than the people in Seattle. Greg went to the US Embassy this morning for work, and Deagan and I stayed at the hotel. I found myself thinking this morning while he was gone, "I can't wait to we are back in Seattle!" I surprised myself that I thought that because I never thought I would feel that way. Seattle really has felt like home for the past 2 months. Like I have said before, it takes going away sometimes before you really realize how good you had it. Being here really makes me grateful to be from the United States. We live in a great place!
We did a lot of exploring today, and we had a lot of fun despite all the differences. Deagan did so great as well. He sat in his stroller and just observed everything around him. I do think that even he was a little overwelmed by it all though. I am so grateful for Greg and for Deagan. It is so fun to have this time with our family. Tomorrow we are heading up to Whistler for the next part of our adventure! I have to say that I am excited to leave Vancouver!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I'm used to the litres and grams. My children will all have oscure accents and won't know how to measure things like American's - I use kitchen scales for my measuring. They'll also spell words 'wrong' ie. colour, centre, realise, grey... and pronounciations, well, lets not even get started on that. Frightening, isn't it?
I'm glad you've survived Canadia and Seattle.

Ashley said...

oh man thats so crazy that it sooo different there!? I don't remember Canada like that! Crazy!!! I hope that you guys keep having fun!!!!! we'll maybe see you in a week!!!! ya!!!!!