Tuesday, March 3, 2009

March is here!

It is crazy how fast time is flying by this semester! On Monday, I registered for my last online classes before graduation.  Seeing "0" credits remaining before graduation is a lovely thing indeed!  This semester has been intense, but there is light up ahead!

Deagan has a double ear infection which has presented us with one cranky baby, but we are surviving.  He also got 8 new teeth!  Crazy!  He only had 7 for so long, and then all at once they were coming through!  I am excited though because he can chew things a lot better with molers now. Besides him being sick and teething, he is a joy to have!  He learns new words everyday and makes us laugh everyday.  He is now almost 18 months.  I guess it is time for a new baby!;)

Greg got accepted to another grad school this past week, American in D.C.  It isn't his top choice, but we will probably take a peek while we are there at the end of this month.  I think that he is more than ready to start school again!

I am taking a lot of classes about parenting this semester which has really been a blessing.  I am learning all these new things that I feel are really helping me as a parent, but there comes those times when I have no idea what to do with Deagan or the situation.  I am so worried that I am going to screw him up for life!  We are having a struggle with him eating lately.  He has been sick, so that probably plays in to it, but he has always been a picky eater.  In one of my classes we watched a video where a little girl wouldn't eat and they linked it back to the relationship that she had with her mom.  So of course now I am worried about the kind of relationship that Deagan and I have.  Any tips on how to get a picky eater to eat?

Sorry for long absence, but I hope you all enjoy the lovely pictures!

5 comments:

Miriah Griffith said...

One thing my pediatrician recommended to me was to make sure that your baby sees YOU eat. Watching you and Greg eat different foods should get him interested in food. When Lucy didn't want to transition to solid foods, this really worked for us :0)

Diana Taylor said...

Sounds like you have your hands full lately. I think picky eating is a part of life. Logan loves some really weird healthy things (spinach v-8 peppers) but won't touch normal things like gorund beef or potatoes. Try try try again is one idea. Another idea is called "muffin tin monday" or any day. Put all kids of different foods into muffins tins he might be more likely to try a few new things. Good luck! You are doing a great job with him. We are excited to hear where you end up moving.

Dawn said...

Not that I have ANY experience, but in the nutrition section of my hepe class last week the teacher said that children won't starve themselves... if that is any sort of consolation. He looks healthy to me! (or try Miriah's advice - that sounds good too).

The Lennons said...

I'm sure you have GREAT relationship with your little man! Hadlee used to be the BEST eater, then she just pretty much quit all together...I realized I was giving her too many "snacks" between meals and that hindered it, but she still just quit. She's doing much better now, I think it's just a stage or lack of a growth spurt. Also, she just got 7 more teeth too...I wonder if they don't like to eat cause their mouths hurt...those molars and eye teeth look SO painful to come through! Sorry I babbled...hang in there!

Carrie said...

Michelle, You are an awesome mom...sometimes...or a lot of the time kids use food as their power. That is one thing that he can control. Kids are strange too because one day they can love a food and the next hate. Motherhood...enjoy it!