Friday, January 29, 2010

32 week update

It is hard to believe I am 32 weeks along! This pregnancy is quickly coming to an end! :) I had my regular appointment this morning and everything looks great!

I have had so many people tell me that I look way too small to be as far a long as I am, and I am measuring a little behind, so my Dr. scheduled a sonogram for today's appointment. Everything looks great with our little man! He is weighing at about 4 lbs 6 oz (give or take a few ounces) and he is actually measuring ahead of his due date based off of his measurements. When they measure my stomach he measures a week behind, but as far as he is concerned he is ahead of the game! It was so great to get that extra reassurance because after hearing a million times that I am too small, I really began to think that there might be something wrong, but there isn't!

They took a couple of 3D shots as well, and I wish I had a scanner to upload the pictures on here because he is so cute!! I just can wait to see him and to kiss his sweet little cheeks!

I have had some issues with an antigen in my blood, so every month I have to get my blood drawn to make sure that the level isn't changing. It has nothing to do with the RH factor, but if I were to ever need a blood transfusion for any reason they would have to be really careful to get the exact blood type or I would have a reaction to the blood. Kind of sounds scary to me, but they haven't seemed concerned about it, so I haven't been either.

I have gained about 19 lbs, so ahead of what I gained with Deagan. But I think only gaining 13 lbs with Deagan was a really rare thing. I have been exercising every day and trying to eat as healthy as I can with this one, so I feel like it is a healthy weight gain. It is still hard thought to see the numbers on the scale go up though every week.

He is also head down which is really good news because I am going to try for a VBAC. He has been breach up until this point, which really wasn't that significant since I wasn't that far a long, but now that we are getting down the the last few weeks, it is a really good sign that he is in the right position. My Dr. said after 34 weeks, they really don't have that much room to turn to as long as he stays in this position we will be great!

We hired a Doula to help us increase our chance of having a VBAC, and I feel like I have researched this topic up the wazoo! At this point, I don't want any kind of interventions for induction, but the Dr. said they won't let me go past 41 weeks. Looking at Deagan's birth weight, which was 8 lbs, and considering how big this baby is already, going too far over my due date will make for a very large baby which will only decrease my chance of having a successful VBAC. I am feeling very confident and content with our decision to try for a VBAC, so I hope that everything will continue to go as smoothly as it has so far.

I have not decided to go all natural with this guy, but I am hoping to put off having an epidural as long as possible and to labor at home as long as I can. Being at the hospital in labor with Deagan for 24 hours was just too long. I am going to try to avoid as many interventions as possible. I say that now obviously and then we will see how I feel once I am actually in labor and can't stand the pain. I just want this labor to be completely different from my first because my labor experience with Deagan was just horrible.

I am so excited to that things are going so well, and I can't wait to hold our little bundle! We are still undecided on names, but before we come home from the hospital we will for sure have a name! 8 weeks to go! :)

2 comments:

Brandi Allred said...

Our baby just flipped too - he's also been a breech guy until now. Let's hope they stay this way! Glad to hear baby is measuring so good! You don't look too small - you look great!!

Alisa J said...

You are so lucky to only have gained 19 pounds! Whenever I get pregnant again I hope to not go past the 35 pound weight gain like I did last time!