Kayden is 5 months old today! Crazy how fast he is growing! Here are some new things he does:
-Sticks his tongue out and blows raspberries with his tongue
-"Talks" a lot more. Some of his "words" or sounds almost sound like words at times. When he gets fussy it even sounds like he says "mumma mumma." I don't think it is intentional, but it is still cute.
-He is very strong. He loves to stand and jump on your lap when you are holding him. His head and back are super strong as well. Whenever I put him in his Bumboo seat he arches his back as if he is trying to get out, and he has almost done it a few times. That thing was suppose to last a lot longer!
-He is almost sitting all the way up on his own. He puts his hands out in front of him on the ground and can stay there for a few minutes before he gets too excited and falls to either side or on his face.
-He likes rice cereal a lot more now. He actually seems excited when you put it in his mouth and is able to swallow most of it, even though most of his meal ends up on his face or shirt.
-He loves to "play" with toys. Anything you put in front of him he is mesmerized by and tries to put it in his mouth. I take him to the Y day care while I work out, and he loves to play in their exersausers. I have decided I really need to get one.
-He loves Deagan and loves to watch him play and he loves it when Deagan shows interest in him.
-He is a momma's boy big time.
-He takes 3 naps/day consistently. His morning nap is usually pretty short, he will normally take a long afternoon nap, and then takes a short evening nap. It seems to work out well.
-He sleeps really well at night still. I definitely love that!
-He likes to have a blanket up by his face when he gets grumpy and tired. This usually works really well when he is in his car seat and needs to take a nap.
-He seems to be teething lately. He rubs his ears a lot, and we had those checked out and he doesn't have an ear infection. Teething is not my favorite thing.
-He rolls over really well now, but is still not a real fan of tummy time.
We sure love our little Kayden!
Deagan:
We took him to the Dr. this morning because we thought he had ringworm on his leg (which he does) but we found out he has lost 4 lbs in the past 8 months! Not good! The nurse seemed pretty concerned about it, but the Dr. said he wasn't too worried since he seemed to be a very healthy kid. He asked us a bunch of questions about his social skills, and felt there was no need to really to be concerned, but I still am. He was already a small guy to begin with, but he is almost 3 and he does not need to be losing ANY weight.
It makes me realize I need to be much more conscience about what he eats. For example, I am going to give him everything full fat. We have a lot of light/fat free/healthy stuff in our house, but he doesn't need that stuff. He goes in for his 3 yr check up in October, and my goal is to fatten him up a bit before then.
He is an extremely picky eater, so that also concerns me. He would rather eat than play pretty much all the time. I have decided I need to be a little more creative at meal time in order to make it a little more fun. Any ideas on how to do that?
He is a very good little boy though, and I am blessed to be his mom!
We love our little guys!
2 comments:
We got these little animal paper plates for Layla a while ago, when she was going through a VERY picky eating stage. They helped a little. And then I had her help me make stuff, as much as possible, and she would get excited about that. Sometimes I think the only thing that keeps her weight normal is all the milk she drinks... whole milk that is.
I loved hearing about all the things Kayden is doing-he has changed so much since we lost saw you guys! I hope you guys are doing good! You guys have the cutest little boys Chelle!!
Post a Comment